Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    BTW, a level I created. I have tried puzzler-platformer spin on Bike Baron. Try to find all the coins. I'd made them a lot secret in an earlier version, but have reduced the secrecy and general difficulty of the level. So puzzler, con-checkpoints, secret coins and the level can not be made any easier by playing as Domvoi (having additional checkpoints doesn't help)

Level Code: BOUF
    Level Name: A-Maze-ing

2. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Still love this game> Even my kids are liking it.

3. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Update 4 can't come faster :(

4. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Update 4 was submitted bringing new levels and some optimisation to make the game more stable for people that had problems.

In the next update #5 we will focus on more substantial things like level discovery etc. :)

5. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Hooooray :D Thank you guys ;)

6. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    Ughh... I have always been one star short of 100% since the game came out. You keep releasing updates before I manage to do that. I'd tell you to slow down... but don't :)

7. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    And you've been releasing level after levels... including new stuff like pumpkins and ice tracks, which counts as substantial in my books :)

That said, level discovery... that sounds mysteriously interesting. You mean levels where you have to discover paths? Can't be that? Can it? I have actually tried something like that in my level that i submitted for the contest :)

8. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

By level discovery I meant that we will build interface into the game for you to explore other user levels so you won't need to use the codes anymore and could see and play all 50000+ levels (yes, we have over 50 thousand user generated levels), That will keep you busy for a while and will add ultimate and unlimited replay value to the game :cool: I guess we should raise the price to 59.99 after that update considering how much gameplay there will be :D

9. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    OH wow, update seems epic. I can't wait for it!

10. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Hi all,

First time posting in the Bike Baron thread. I've created my first level and would love some feedback. I tried to make it very fluid and fun where you can only get a the coins if you maintain decent speed. I tried to make it look kind of like a skatepark too :)

Code:BRXH
    Name: Skateparrrl
    Difficulty: Medium
    Fun: you rate :)
    Goals:
    1. Beat level without crashing
    2. Collect all coins
    3. Beat level in under 29:00

Thank you and feedback please!

11. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Post it here instead

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=110696

This is for discussing the game, the other is for sharing your levels.

12. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    #1032 spidey, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    How about a better model, 1cent per user level downloaded, if it is technically feasible. I am sure economically it will fetch you more money. That will open a whole new IAP mess in the app store though :)

On a serious note, you guys considered a console/PC version of bike baron? You can charge a much greater amount for that version. And I am sure there's a market for the genre as well. Not sure if user created content is possible on consoles, but can be managed on PCs for sure.

13. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Sorry about that, mea culpa.

I've reposted in the correct section.

Also, keep the updates coming! I love the new maps! Can we potentially get more obstacles to work with in the level editor? Ice, etc.

14. qwiboo

qwiboo Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game ;)

You have ice material in the editor, and you can turn any basic element into ice :) The same with dynamic material making any element dynamic. Just change the material using the texture button when element selected.

15. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    How about the moose and the sheep. Can we get those in the future? Also a better way to arrange user levels, perhaps alphabetically after sorting them according to difficulty? And some more IAP costumes perhaps?

16. riggysmalls

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    Oh great! Thanks for the answer, I was really wondering about that. Anything new to use in my creations is always awesome! Moar plox!

17. TurboK

TurboK Member

Jan 3, 2012
    #1037 TurboK, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    I just couldn't resist playing the JB4 level again (and again), now my record is 1:22 :) That 1:06 mentioned earlier seems, like someone mentioned, "utter madness" :D

18. kevlar x

kevlar x Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Wales,uk
    Any ETA on the update with icloud syncing?

19. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Seems like a new update was just released. However, it's not working for me. The app updates until about 60%, then switches to 'waiting' and after a little while begins updating from scratch all over again. If I let it do its thing it'll go thru a couple of cycles of this before prompting an error message ('the app could not be updated at this time' or something similar). Tried restarting the device etc. Any idea what's wrong?

20. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yeaahhh, update out. Updating now.....

EDIT: Works fine for me, downloaded, installed, ready to go