[Preview (w/ Video)] Bina Blocks – A Tower-Building, Physics Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KeitGames, Jan 27, 2014.

1. KeitGames

KeitGames Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    #1 KeitGames, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    Update 5/28/2014: GAME LIVE!
    Official TA Thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=230724
    DL Link: http://bit.ly/BinaBlocks

Update 5/20/2014: Promo Codes
    Promo codes were added in a reply below.

Update 5/15/2014: Gameplay Trailer

Update 5/12/2014: Submitted for Review! Expected release date: Wednesday, May 28!

Screenshots of the Finished Game can be found here!

Update 4/4/2014: Dev Talk #3 Video Posted
    Update 3/1/2014: Dev Talk #2 Video Posted

*** Note: This is only a preview of a game in production. This is not a final product, nor a trailer of a game waiting for review. Any screenshots or gameplay footage is subject to change by release. Also, any ideas for improving the game in production are much appreciated. Enjoy :) ***

Game Name:
    Bina Blocks

Concept:
    A unique and complex puzzle game where you use a limited amount of different shaped blocks to build a structure strong enough to withstand incoming projectiles.

Mechanics:
    Tap & Drag a limited number of blocks to a surface in order to reach a given height. There are 3 heights, 1 to 3 stars respectively. Once your structure is ready, tap the "GO!" button, and watch an object (unsure exactly what object types... possibly a bird or wrecking ball? Queue Miley :p) come in and try to knock your structure down.

With the remaining height, after a few seconds of destruction, if higher than the minimum height (1 star), you pass the level.

Simple as that. So, as you can see below, the mechanics are shown in the videos.

Note: Dev Talk is my informal presentation of what's being developed at that time.

NOTE: This is ONLY the most recent video... for performance-related issues, the rest of the videos can be found here: on the KeitGames YouTube channel.

Official Gameplay Trailer for Bina Blocks

https://www.youtube.com/user/KeitGames

The variation of the levels will include a different number of each block type, possibly a variation in the actual platform, obstacles to avoid, different height requirements, possibly a time limit on building, etc.

Price / Release Date / Platforms:
    ** It's going to be Free.
    ** Unknown release date as of yet. Still have a decent amount of coding to do. Although hopefully within the next few weeks :)
    Update May '14: Expected release date Wednesday, May 28, 2014.
    ** As of yet, it's going to be an iOS Exclusive. There are ideas being talked about to bring it to Android eventually. But as of now, I'm using cocos2d-iphone soooo ya, Obj-C only atm :/ Although I do know a bit of C++, so cocos2d-x might be on option for cross platform. (might I add: i LOVE the cocos2d library. :3)

(Early) Screenshots:
    SCREENSHOT GALLERY LINK
    Screenshots of the Finished Game can be found here!

Enjoy :)

Get In Touch:
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: http://www.keitgames.com
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/KeitGames
    Or you can just PM me on here :)

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Moved to upcoming games as it's not out yet

3. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Oh ok. Thanks :)

4. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    #4 KeitGames, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Here’s another video showing off some gameplay of Bina Blocks…

Basically you have a limited amount of blocks to get to a certain height with a study tower…. then an object comes in from the right to knock it over (or so it tries :p )

At the moment it’s a block, only because I had to get the video out today… But eventually it’s going to be something more logical like a bird

(video added to original post, gameplay #2)

Email:

You could also just PM me on here, or follow any of the links in the signature down below :)

5. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Every week I plan to release a new video under the series title “Dev Talk”, where I will be talking about whatever is being developed at that time.

For the first episode (added to the Original Post), I show off more of Bina Blocks, specifically the newly-implemented Level Select screen, as well as an overview of the basic gameplay mechanics.

The video content is a little “shaky” because I’m still not entirely sure on what I’m going to talk about in these videos… however, I’m still going to make it a point to release a new video at least once a week (maybe more, if I find something interesting, or implement something cool)

(video added to original post, Dev Talk #1)

Email:

You could also just PM me on here, or follow any of the links in the signature down below :)

6. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Hey all!

The second Dev Talk video is now up... Took a bit longer than initially planned, but that's ok :)

In the 2nd episode of Dev Talk, I show off the Tap-And-Drag feature, the fancy Game Over screen, and a few other things.

(video added to OP, Dev Talk #2)

Email:

7. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Welcome back! The Third Video is now done and viewable!

The 3rd episode of Dev Talk shows the Bina points system, the Bina Bank, and a cute little bird :3

(Video added to OP, Dev Talk #3)

Email:

8. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Submitted for review!

Bina Blocks and all 30 of its initial levels have been submitted to the App Store for review!

The expected launch date is Wednesday, May 28. Still seems far off, I know, but I can't wait!

I'll probably create a Gameplay Trailer later this week to show exactly what the game is about in a short 1-2 minute video (instead of the much longer Dev Talk videos ive been doing)

Enjoy! :)

BinaBlocks on Twitter: @BinaBlocks

9. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
  10. KeitGames

Apr 6, 2012
    Indie Games Developer
    United States
    Hey TouchArcade! Great news... After sending off some promo codes to the press, I have some left over...

Go ahead, feel free to use them... Try out Bina Blocks BEFORE it launches on May 28, 2014.

Note: These codes are specific to Touch Arcade forums.

Let me know what you think. I'm looking forward to some feedback! :)

H997AYHLPFLY
    WNAA3LYXF4W4
    J4PR6WEN4RLE
    FHRAPJ4JPPK4
    LFK3FYYNXNX3
    TRNPTEET7AN9
    7MLRATHEKFMT
    W7LKPHWJWMA7
    HEMF4FJ4P77P
    HAN3Y6MAY6P7

11. KeitGames