Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. speedy 1007

speedy 1007 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Ok so 16$ left what should i get, hate racing games have:

Mage gauntlet
    Terra noctis
    Aralon

So pls dont mention them

2. MoJoe

MoJoe Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Germany
    Which would you guys say is the best minecraft/minecraft clone for ipad.

3. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    So are you mainly looking for platformers and adventure/RPG games? You have to be a bit more specific because I coul pretty much list you the whole Game Guide and then you'd be lost once more. ;)

4. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    IDK if what I'm about to mention is for iPad (you may have to do 2x) but....

Minecraft LE is bleh! So that leaves Eden.

However Junk Jack is a really good sandbox game. I'd also recommend you checking out The Sandbox which is coming out this year! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=103784

5. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Should you get Pocket Halfpipe? Yes, you should get Pocket Halfpipe; which is on sale for $0.99 today.

6. jowa44

jowa44 Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Student
    Switzerland
    Is Sword of Fargoal Legends worth 3 bucks when I've already played the first one?

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    nah I don't know. Looked at the gameplay video and didn't look like anything special.

8. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Should I get Mage Gauntlet? I don't especially like RPG's but this one is supposed to be really good.

Should I get Terra Noctis? More importantly, is Terra Noctis compatable on 2nd gen iPods? I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE platformers!

9. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA

Yes both games r great, I dont thin terra noctis works on 2nd gen. Mage gauntlet is alot like Zelda or other action RPGs except not as heavy on alot of the Rpg elements... It's kore about exploring,fighting and minor equipment, stat an other upgrades.

10. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #490 Darth Ronfar, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    Just made a thread, I guess I should've posted it here

I just played a little bit of modern conflict and was wondering what games r similar to that and which ones are considered the best and how theyre different etc...

Is supremacy wars close to what modern conflict is, is battle for Westnoth similar and should I get it if I'm looking for something like modern conflict...

I dunno I'm just not smart about strategy games, I know there's a list, I guess I'm just looking for some basic help from a strategy game veteran... Thanks

Ok I just noticed there's another thread like this where he wants games and I saw people posting alot of stuff I have so I guess I'll list that(I'm not looking for tower defense I guess or atleast traditional I dunno)

Battle heart
    Paladog
    Anomaly warzone
    Great little war game
    Anthills
    Jelly defense
    Tiny heroes
    Tiny defense
    PvZ
    Tactical warrior
    Defender chronicles

Battleland
    Knights Rts
    Mushoom war
    (Last 3 I just got)

Also I'll list stuff I'm not really interested in unless u can convice me otherwise-

Nuroshemi hex ( and all those hexagonal type ones)
    Card games
    Board games
    kairo soft
    Zombiefarm/smurf village free app type

some other games I'm interested in -

3 kingdoms (it has a free one and another I think)
    War of eustrath ( I dunno what this is?)
    Swiegecraft
    Fantasy defense
    Fantastic Knight
    Flying defense
    Dungeon defender
    Field runner
    Bloonstd4
    Ancient war
    Civilization
    Conquest
    Chicks
    Kingdoms at war
    Battlepath mosters
    FF Tactics
    Powder monkeys
    4 towers onslaught
    Magic defenders

Theres so many I don't know what to get.... Maybe a few good ones if it's worth the price and etc... I need some insight

11. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Thanks! I am not getting Terra Noctis then :(

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    @Darth Ronfar Yes Supremacy Wars and Modern Conflict are of the same ilk. I actually prefer Supremacy Wars over Modern Conflict (which is a good game). Supremacy Wars is absolutely fantastic and gets my seal of approval. Sh*t...dis SW come out this year??? I'll have to add it to the guide if it did.

I really liked Siegecraft too. It's a really nice and simple RTS.

I'd actually choose Ravenmark over FF Tactics. However FF Tactics is an amazing game as well.

I'd also choose King of Dragon Pass over Civilization. KoDP is the best RPG/TBS that you can currently buy on iOS.

13. Darth Ronfar

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Ya. Was actually just checking out ravenmark and I dunno...

Guess supremacy wars is one I'll get. Siegecraft is now looking more like a game I'd want... Still not sure about civilization or king of dp.

Thanks for ur help

I guess the other games I want to hear about most would be..

Flying defense
    The 3 kingdoms games
    War of Eustrath
    Powder monkeys
    And this ship(I mean like pirate ships in the sea) game that's suppose to be similar to galcon. It's 3 dollars and made by a familiar company can't think of the name though.
    Also field runners and bloons td4...

14. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    So now I would like to know if I should get Mage Gauntlet or not. So, should I????????????????????????????????????????????????????

15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Well, the three kingdoms games are free.

Field runners is a good game, but I never really got into it like everyone else.

Bloons td, I haven't played yet because I always think of the original bloons, which I didn't really like all that much.

I have no idea what ship game you're talking about!?!

Go for it!

16. knoids

knoids Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    School
    Seattle WA (USA)
    Ok, I might as well get it, 2 people have said that it is good, and I think that every review website has rated it high.

17. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Should I get Ascendancy and Pocket Halfpipe? I'm fairly new to 4x, and Pocket Halfpipe also looks really fun.

18. 7h30n

7h30n Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I haven't played Halfpipe nor know anything about it but I got the Ascendancy over this weekend sale. Since you are fairly new I would recommend Distant Star because it is much simpler but Ascendancy is .99 at the moment and it is a definitely nice grab (+ more promised updates) if you are into 4x games. Only complaint so far with Ascendancy is the interface which is bad and the game isn't that difficult (which might actually benefit you)

Long story short, if you really want to play 4x on iOS then yes, do get Ascendancy (especially while .99)
    I am having an eye on Starbase Orion at the moment which supports excellent online play and better interface but it is 7.99$. They say that is the best 4x available

19. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I can attest to the Starbase Orion thing. I've had it since day 1 and haven't had any regrets yet!

20. speedy 1007

speedy 1007 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    #500 speedy 1007, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    Dont want any platformers or racing games can you think of strategy/TD/RPGs/action/adventure anything good you can think of along those lines