Universal Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition by Beamdog

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 16, 2014.

1. d750cz

d750cz Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Czech Republic
    Hit her with Magic Resistance spell.

2. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I don't remember the dragons by name but any spells that breach their magic defenses are a solid opening choice and, of course, some spells like magic missile can't be resisted.

3. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    I'm thinking of picking this up soon and had a hard time finding this thread...are there problems with the game? The community seems quiet on this one...

4. truthwritten

truthwritten Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    About to finish my third playthrough. A few hiccups, but I think it plays great. I'm on an iPad 3.

5. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Still no news on fixes or updates for this game?

6. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I wouldn't expect any.

7. StepwisePilot

StepwisePilot Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Canada
    Are there any game breaking bugs?

8. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    There are some spell combinations that prevent you from resting, a bug that will delete your key to Watcher's Keep, and a nasty one that will minimize the sidebar with no way to get it back. There used to be a big one in the circus tent where the illusions were armed with vorpal blades instead of illusory ones. Going in there meant instant death. If you didn't have a save game to load, you would have to start over. I think they fixed that one but not sure.

9. yrlever

yrlever New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    I hit this bug last night. Pretty frustrating.

10. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Wow, still not fixed... That blows because Aerie is the only Mage/Cleric in the game and the romantic subplot with her is pretty fun. I got through there by going in solo and getting lucky.

11. Xandrak

Xandrak Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I lost the sidebar already (picked the game up yesterday). Is there really no way to get it back?

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Loved Baldurs gate on the pc don't think I ever played the second one though. Still don't know how good it'll all be on iPad and if I should get the first one first.

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just bumping my question. I do want both but 2 seems to have better reviews and impressions. Anyone have both and can say if it is worth it or just skip to 2?

Also I have played them on pc so I know how difficult they are. Had many many times where I'd save and try something just to see...certain early npcs you shouldn't kill dropping good loot. Was always fun to get in trouble for killing people I shouldn't too.

14. moonwad

moonwad New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Wasn't this supposed to have an iPhone release late last year? I read a few places online and such that there was to be iphone support with the 1.3 patch. What ever happened to that?

15. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Any answers to this? I also thought it would be released on iPhone

16. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Sorry for delay; I didn't see this thread get bumped. I've heard there is a way to get it back, but the BG forums are down so I couldn't look it up for you. I restored an old save to bring mine back.

17. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    To everyone asking about which to play, I recommend Icewind Dale over both BG games. Bug free, and runs on an iPhone. It also has much better replayability due to the fact that's a pretty straightforward dungeon crawl, many of the loot drops are randomized, and heart of fury mode means you can keep leveling your party until they are all godlike.

18. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Did you actually lose the side bar or it's just been minimised?

I can reinstate my sidebars using a certain technique on my iPhone 6+. It takes a few goes. I slide my index finger down the screen from just above the bottom corner (left or right). Sliding all the way and putting pressure when I'm about to leave the corner of the screen. It's that final micron size of the screen that activates the sidebars.

If your bars are minimised and not completely lost (I dunno, is there a bug that "losses" them?), then this technique could work. But this is on a 6+. Would imagine it's super difficult on a 5 or near impossible. Worse still if you have fat fingers.

19. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    You have this on your phone? It shows as iPad only for me in the app store.

I didn't realize they had added iPhone support for the first Baldur's Gate until just now when I was looking in the app store. Got it downloading to my 6+ now. :)

20. Ubisububi

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Sorry, I should have said "minimized". Yes, I believe I read about that fix, but was never able to test it as I was careful not to minimize it again.