iPad The Quest

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BrushMyNoseOff, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Catacomber

Catacomber Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    http://www.zaristagames.com/
    NYC
    #1001 Catacomber, Aug 1, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
    More advice from Silvergirl:

One more long post: :D

"I used to finance my early-game travels by increasing my Environment Magic so I could Enchant 100 storage points, go to the Matras tailor and buy as many Leather Capes as I could, Enchant them with 6% Resist Diseases and 1% Resist Poison, and then resell them to the tailor for a large profit. (You’ve probably already seen this in my old posts already.)

Many others have profitably used their Alchemy skill to make a fair bit of money. They would buy up the entire Alchemist’s herb inventory, make potions from them and then resell them to the Alchemist. I think the Permanent Attribute potions give the biggest profit, but you have to have an Alchemy skill level of 70 to be able to make them without fail (and I think at least 60 to be able to make them even occasionally). But you can make and sell most potions for more than they cost to make. (I think the only non-profitable potion is Black Beer. If you’ve got lots of alcoholic ingredients that you want to get rid of, make Mush Rum instead.)

One way of getting lots of money in the base game is to break into houses at night. Buy the Skeleton Keys from Horah the Master Thief in Vastares and the Warded Keys from Uttor the Master Thief in Mithria, then at night break all unlit windows and open all doors in Vastares and Mithria that use the keys. If your Stealth level is high enough, you can pickpocket some of the Mithria citizens for some goodies. You’ll rack up a lot of crime points, and you have to clear your crime record or else avoid all the guards who will immediately throw you in jail. You can clear your crime record by paying a large amount of money to the guards when they arrest you (if your crime level isn’t too high) or by paying Bertard (in Vastares) or A Suspicious Man (in Mithria). Or you can get your crimes cleared once for free if you complete Mayana the Streetwalker’s quest, no matter how bad your crime record is. Since she disappears after you solve her quest, you can save up all your criminal acts and go on a single crime spree.

Later in the game, if you can increase your Mercantile level high enough using Enchanted gear, you can sit in front of any merchant’s store and buy their entire inventory and immediately resell it back to them for a profit. (The Matras merchants need the lowest amount of Mercantile, Vastares and Phryn a higher amount, and Mithria needs the higher level of Mercantile to reach the buy=sell price.) Keep doing this, and you can make as much money as you want without using any game time. If you’re going to do this though, make sure you don’t sell off your equipped Mercantile-Enchanted gear; you’ll be able to buy it back, but of course you’ll make less profit.

If you can get to the Port of Mithria, an easy way to get money if you have Lukomorye I is set a Mark by any tavern (one of the two taverns in Mithria is good), and then go to Lukomorye and set another Mark by the southern Fisher Girl (right near the entry to Muck Island). Then buy caviar for 50 gp and go to any tavern and sell it for mega bucks. You can sell it for more if your Mercantile skill level is higher, but it’s not really necessary to do this since you can buy as much caviar as you want, and you ALWAYS sell it for a lot more than 50 gp."

Both Silvergirl and I like to talk. : )

2. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    WOOHOOO---we have set a 1000 post mark in this forum ... where is my lollipop? : )

3. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1003 Catacomber, Aug 1, 2009
    Or at least a level up from Junior Member. : )

4. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    And have any of you tried playing with restrictions?

Aslmentor has:

"Robes only.

Wooden Staff only. Club without spikes on it is fine (I.e. no cudgels or maces do not qualify- since it has metal on it).

No attack magics are allowed. Healing, env. magics are okay.

No ranged weapons allowed since they are metal. Should be interesting.
    EXCEPT daggers, throwing stars, throwing knives are allowed.
    Wooden shields only! This means "wooden shields, glided shields and demon shields only.

Shirts (i.e. wonder bras) are allowed since it can be worn under the robe.

Boots are off limits.
    Belts are off limits.
    Armor are off limits.
    Helms are off limits.
    Gloves are off limits.
    Leggings are off limits.

In other words, ONLY a shirt, and a robe is acceptable.

Jewelery are ok.

Believe it or not, it is DOABLE. I am now into tainted blood as DR. Wolfmonk. Yes, Doctor... the Redshift University gave me a "doctorine" for completing the disease quest and call me dr wolfmonk. Heh."

5. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1005 Catacomber, Aug 1, 2009
    Tainted Blood is a HOL expansion. Coming after HOLI hopefully. : ) Aslmentor is a wonderfully talented missionary in Africa to deaf children as well as being a Quest beta expansion maker for the PC/pocketpc/palm platform.

http://www.aslmentor.com/

Ahem, his reference to Wonder Bras refers to a not at all delicate item of female equipment in a HOL expansion. : ) I forget which. Gotta supply a sufficient number of garments for us females! You guys will really want to put this on even if it is light armor!!! : )

6. aendaman

aendaman Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    i dont get any further in finding that sword in the abbey of thule. i talked to everyone and been to the secret library...

7. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Enchanting and selling stuff is a GREAT idea!

Thank God I just found the 'Learn Enchant book'!

8. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1008 Catacomber, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
    The sword is not in the abbey of thule -- it's in the crypt just before you meet the beast and -- it's hidden there, you have to tap, tap tap. Exactly how much have you done? You've met the beautiful woman? You've been bitten by the beast? You've met the cult leader? That would give me an idea of where you are. Did you check the crypt for the abbot? : ) I can help you but need to know where you are in the game and how much you've done. ; )

9. aendaman

Dec 30, 2008
    #1009 aendaman, Aug 4, 2009
    no beautiful woman, beast bite or cult leader whatsoever... i think the last thing i did in abbey of thule was being in the secret library (the guy there is the abbot right?). there i found the scorpion something weapon for the monk in the basement and delivered it to him. then i went on to do other stuff thats why i dont really remember perfectly...
    i guess that means that i just have to go to the crypt to meet the abbot there. will try that. thanks

Edit: nope nobody there... hmmm.

10. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1010 Catacomber, Aug 4, 2009
    You have a lot more to do. :) Talk to everybody in the Abbey......Talk to the governor. I will try to post a few more hints here in a little bit.

If you've opened up the Abbot's secret library, tap, tap ladders and you'll find his journal. I think this is one of the things you have to do next. After you've found the journal, a boy Daku should be in the abbey area somewhere on ground floor walking---he will give you a task to deliver a satchel--from there it should be easier for you to finish things up---but you still have a lot to do.

An old post somewhere of Argimon's: "Did you speak with the abbot and monks in the Thule Abbey? The boy is also in the Abbey. Lovely lady is in the house south from the abbey. I think that you missed something somewhere, but I am not sure what.

Btw. have you solved brother Jofrey's murder quest in the abbey? Or better do you have such a quest?

By nobleman I meant the one in the castle [governor]".

11. aendaman

Dec 30, 2008
    #1011 aendaman, Aug 4, 2009
    Aha I knew I did not teach that boy magic spells for nothing... thanks Catacomber!

Another thing: someone mentioned the Captain in Mantras taking you to a new island but this moron only offers Vastares and Minthria as destinations?!? Do I have to solve/get a quest before I can have him take me there?

Edit: it was the other boy... thanks anyway. I am about to talk to the Cult leader...

12. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    That's the Quest update---I haven't had a chance to play it yet--but look here--

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=19038&highlight=Quest+update&page=2

and my website has some threads.

13. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    Stats

What are your stats? Need average stats for Nogur, Etherim, Derth and Rasvim ONLY IF YOU HAVE FINISHED THE BASE GAME.

If you have finished ICE AND FIRE that would be useful too. Thanks!

This would be helpful in setting up the pre-generated player for HOLI.

14. smirnoffsky

smirnoffsky Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Here's my character. That's without any spells cast, but am obviously wearing magical items. I've finished the main game and currently playing Ice and Fire :)

Attached Files:

15. Fire4Effect

Fire4Effect Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I can't find bolner for the confession quest, I've looked everywhere in the northwest part of mithria city

16. Catacomber

May 21, 2009
    NYC
    #1016 Catacomber, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    @ smirnoffsky: Thanks, I will send the screenshot to Elendil. :)

@Fire4Effect: As you leave the City Center on the west exit (you'll see a child walking ahead of you), go 5 or 6 paces forward toward that child and facing west as you leave the exit gate--then turn right--Bolnar is in that little area of outer residences--he's a guard inside a house there.

He has a little porch to his door kinda like this

----|--
    ----| |
    d | |
    o | |
    o | |
    o | |
    r | only the porch will be facing west obviously as the door does, it's just easier to draw it this way.

17. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Cata... I deleted fire and ice off my ipod after installing it. So if I create a new character will that still have fire and ice on it? Like is fire and ice permenantly there after installing?

18. Elendil / Redshift

Elendil / Redshift Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    If you have enabled Ice and Fire in the Quest and you still have the Quest on your iPod, then yes you still have it in the Quest. You can go there with a new character.

If you have deleted the Quest also, you must install both of them again (and enable the expansion again) to play it.

19. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Alright thanks :)

20. Fire4Effect

Fire4Effect Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Where is muck island?