Universal Lums (by Hyperbolic Magnetism)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time obviously. Highly recommended!

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Ugh. I just bought this about a week ago. Such incentive to not wait for a sale :rolleyes:

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Definitely pick this up guys, it's an excellent game. I already have the regular version but I'll be downloading the HD version so when I get my iPad.

I'll repost my impressions from the Sales thread:

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Definitely download this game. Absolutely amazing. It's free!!!!

5. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Picked this up when it went free, and it is really good. Some very tricky puzzles in there, and it's not an angry birds clone in anyway (which I thought it might have been at first)

Pick it up whilst it's free, and if it's not free get it anyway as it is well worth the coin.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #106 metalcasket, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    I have no idea why this thread was closed down 3 years ago, but Vladimir from Hyperbolic Magnetism (yes, the lovely folks behind Chameleon Run!) contacted me to ask if it could be reopened. Lums (no longer Lums HD :)) has been updated with a new set of levels, iCloud support, Apple TV support, all the IAPs have been removed, a sexy new icon...and so on. :D

This game is easily one of my favorite iOS titles (go back and read my glowing [overzealous? :p] impressions at the begiinning of this thread) and if you haven't already checked it out, I simply cannot recommend it enough.

EDIT: Tried something out and unfortunately it works. I tried nuking the first 5 levels, ran out of nukes, deleted the game, reinstalled the game and found my nukes had been restored. One can essentially finish off the game just by deleting and reinstalling the game. :/ Perhaps also have your nukes be tied to iCloud?

7. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    Metalcasket, big thanks for opening the thread and your kind words, we really appreciate that ;)

...and also for discovering that iCloud loophole - I didn't think that anybody would reinstall the game just to "skip" all levels in a single player game :D Maybe I should fix that as you suggested but people will always find a way to do that kind of stuff :)

8. SpikeGuy

SpikeGuy Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This game is just fantastic. Looking forward to trying the new levels.