Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    I also have AC recollection and I play it somewhat, the gameplay is rather innovative but I steered away from it since I see the potential for it being a money pit.

2. cprloe

cprloe Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Katy, Texas USA
    I had this same problem, with several forfeits from regular TA players.

3. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    I can quickly grasp assassin creed. But i need to understand all cards n the combos since it is real time kind of play. Maybe because im more used to tcg such as magic n shadow era rather then deck building games. Ascension's mechanic is easier to understand compared to nightfall.
    I cant wait to get the new expansion set

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    OT: AC:R problem is sync only, which I don't have much time digging into. OTOH, the tutorial is so well done that you take time and understand the game. No ties with the "main" game is not a big problem for me.

Back: see no dropout this weekend. BTW, do you see claiming victories a bad thing in this manner?

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I know it's never been intentional on my part but in some games I've just run out of time.

6. skarsnik

skarsnik Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Singapore
    Just claim the victories - it's not like we'll recover the games. I think it's due to GC going down over the weekend.

7. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This weekend I had several games where people seemed to be forfeited long before they should have. Camzy was forfeited from a 4 player game I am in and I'm positive he hadn't run out of time. So there seems to have been some server issues this weekend.

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Yeah I see the same from a bunch of others.

It's okay, it's just one simple forfeit.

When I had my phone out of action for a week, I forfeited something like 15 matches, but it's not a big deal to me.

9. aoisora

Dec 7, 2010
    Happened to my opponents as well. I put 7days games and suddenly some people forfeited which i believe there were still many times left

10. WakeOfPoseidon

WakeOfPoseidon Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Engineer
    Hey, like most of the others, not sure what happened there. Don't know if it was a glitch or if I accidentally hit that "Forfeit" button (which unfortunately sits right next to "Game List" in the menu). If I ever forfeit a game accidentally from one of you guys, just send me a new invite. I usually have 8-10 games going at a time and try to check my game statuses a few times a day.

If I don't have any regular games going with anyone here looking for someone to play, feel free to send me an invite.

On another note, really looking forward to Storm of Souls dropping. The wife and I have been playing the physical version since it came out earlier this year. It's got several neat twists to the Ascension formula, so it'll be a great addition.

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    It's probably just me but the more I play the game, the more it seems like luck can play a huge game-swinging role, which can be hugely off-putting. I guess I'll try and put more time into Nightfall instead.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Luck is a factor for sure, but the better players win more often. I can appreciate not liking that sort of game, though.

13. pinpoint007

pinpoint007 Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Joining games

Whats going on with some people? I've joined quite a few games which someone is hosting, but they fail to start the game. Or, I'll create a game which someone joins, then they never play a turn.

Its sometimes hard to find a match..

14. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Here's two news from Ascension Fans

https://www.facebook.com/AscensionFans

There is an interview with Gary Games CEO, Justin Gary there, at the top of the page.

So the SoS release date is within 2 weeks, which means it will be released before the 12th of May (hopefully).
    The second thing is, they "might" be planning the third expansion for the game on iOS as well (is wouldn't be THAT surprising, of course).

Here's the quote:

"*AF*: So the next big release for Ascension on iOS is the Storm of Souls expansion. When can we expect it?
    *JG*: Within the next two weeks.

*AF*: This may be jumping the gun, but what about Immortal Heroes on iOS?
    *JG*: [laughter] No comment. [more laughter]"

15. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    I just played one great game with Ashraam and have come to the conclusion that the best card in the game is definitely Black Hole.

I've paired Black Hole as the first card pick against Arbiter of the Precipice and Snapdragon and it's beaten both of them even against the odds.

That game against Ashraam, he had an Arbiter and lost even after stealing my Link Device (7 honor construct)

Again, I played someone where he had first pick with 5 runes and chose Snapdragon against my Black Hole. He lost even though he played a pretty clean game (kitkeat I think).

The additional +1 power puts it over the top.

16. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    So will there be a resolution boost for the new iPad?

17. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #2057 Darth Ronfar, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Ok, I just bought this game and have little experience with card games...I use to play like pokemon like 12 Years ago and have been play Shadow era here...in that game I play lance SS a thief/rouge who's considered prettyy bad(like barely usable) yet I got enough pointers to make it work...

Well I'm done with that, in this game I want to play the best charters or cards.. But I'm not even sure how this works as its a complete diff game, do people have different decks or is like the same cards available to everyone...

If u don't feel like typing out awhole page of crape atleast give me a view words of advice before linking me to another page...thanks

18. aoisora

Dec 7, 2010
    #2058 aoisora, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Im a tcg gamer such as mtg (no longer playing), shadowera, assassin creed etc. ascension is different which is more like draft game (deck building game). You build your deck along the game (not preparing the deck before the game like shadowera nor mtg). The cards for you to build are open to you and your opponents to take. So you create your strategy based on what cards available on the table.

Both of you and your opponents start with 10cards which are the same. As mentioned, all other cards are available on the table.. Giving the same chance (and luck) for you n your opp to get the best cards available

There is in-game tutorial that helps you understand the mechanic. It is not as complicated as nightfall. I and most of us here enjoy the game. This is the game that my wife really hates since i play it everyday. The most played game compared to other games that i have

19. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Thanks, sounds like a nice change of pace..except that for this type of game I'll probly stand no chance since things are all decided in game....atleast with shadow era I could find some building guides to play around with and start play competively within 5 matches..

I don't guess I've played anything like this before..guess I'd better start learning..

20. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    You two are two of the best I have come across so far. This game now needs a spectator mode.... :cool: