Recommend a tower defence game for my GF

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jaeff, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Jaeff

Jaeff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Selfemployed gamedeveloper
    Denmark
    Thanks people! I am going to suggest all the games and think of you when I have a night off ;-) I think tip enjoyed the most is the one about getting her a gym membership. I started laughing when I imagined the scenario of me presenting her with that. That would not be well received. :-D

2. Jaeff

Jaeff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Denmark
    Just a short note on how it went with presenting your recommendations. :)

I made a list of names based on your suggestions which I started to suggest from. Most of them she had already played but we got lucky and found her one she hadn't played. So thank you for taking her of my back for a night or two. ;)

3. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    That's great news! Now wondering which game did the trick.... ;)

4. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I really wish PixelJunk Monsters could make its way to iOS. That is the ultimate tower defense game, to me.

5. Jaeff

Jaeff Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Denmark
    Right now she is whining about Starbunker. She hates loosing a single life so when that happens she complains about it being a bad game.... but she havn't played anything else since yesterday so I guess it isn't all bad ;-)

I will keep you informed about the other games when she is done with this one.

6. kendahlj

kendahlj Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Is Kingdom Rush really challenging or do I just suck at tower defense games? I can't even make it past the fifth level...

7. richdaute

richdaute New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Kingdom rush can pose some challenges.I don't think it's super tough. The key is just using the reinforcements as soon as they are available. If you get stuck on a level go back and 3 star some of the earlier levels and get upgrades. Also you may have to experiment a lot with different towers and I found some times fewer upgraded towers is better than a lot of non upgraded towers.

Also could some recommend a TD game for me? I just beat field runners 2.

8. xxx_R3B0RN_xxx

xxx_R3B0RN_xxx Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Some recommendations are: bloons TD4 (really fast and addictive), tower defense lost earth, gemcraft, toy defense, and warmongers (an rpg/tower defense hybrid, really fun though)