Barren Roads: Multiplayer Apocalypse Fallout/DayZ Survival Game iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by voncarp, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope so. I don't really have versions. I planned on just releasing it and I will suspect there will be quite a bit of problems with it, particularly since its a pretty big game and I'm not exactly how sure all the players are going to approach it.

I figured once I released it, I would get a number of bug reports and features recommendations and then I would just fix/add them.

I don't know if thats the right way of doing it. But, that's kinda what I had planned. :D

2. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Ideas!

1st Idea: Having the ability to set a home in a pre made building
    2nd Idea: Having the ability to board up windows in your home(Pre-Made building)
    3rd Idea: Having random events like a comet streaking across a night sky

One Suggestion: Hey Dev, can you make the night sky as beautiful as possible?(Stars being shown, the milky way galaxy arm streak across the night sky, some stars blinking, a see able planet)

3. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    I would say that you should hold a beta test and let the beta testers find the bugs and glitches before releasing the game into the wild(App Store)! I hope this game gets featured by Apple on the App Store when the game does get released!

4. 1st Idea: Sure. What do you mean though?
    2nd Idea: I can do that. I got a quite a bit of buildings though. I need to figure out what you really want here.
    3rd Idea: Stars twinkle a little bit already. I haven't perfected the weather system yet as I felt overcast fit the world better. But, I could use regular weather. It doesn't matter. Your probably not going to worry about a comet streaking the sky when zombies are chasing you and bullets are whizzing by your head.

5. thenewthe

thenewthe Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Ummm, nowhere's right now :P
    Somewhere's in 'merica
    This looks awesome! Count me in! :D

6. Grifman

Grifman Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Agreed, I don't think just throwing it out there is a good idea.

7. nmnghia1912

nmnghia1912 Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I like your gameplays , cant wait to get the game and do some walkthrough on my channel :) Nice work man , if you're planning to make a beta version , i want to join .

8. Thanks! Whats your channel?

9. thenewthe

thenewthe Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Ummm, nowhere's right now :P
    Somewhere's in 'merica
    Hey can I beta test please?

10. nmnghia1912

nmnghia1912 Member

Jun 8, 2013
    My YT channel is iDevices Appstore Blog :)

11. #71 voncarp, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
    Maybe I'll expand on my testers a bit. I'm not exactly certain. But, even a beta needs a certain a level of polish.

I see. Interesting YouTube channel...

Bạn là người việt hả? Ở đâu?

12. nmnghia1912

nmnghia1912 Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Thanks man , yeah im Vietnamese :) How do you know that ? mình sống ở thành phố Hồ Chí Minh .

13. derpymcflurry

derpymcflurry Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Hi!
    I'd like to Beta test, and if the answer yes, I'd like to publish gameplay on youtube (with your consent, of course).

Also, the idea of a DayZ/Fallout mixture sounds great, I can't wait to explore the game world with friends and random people.

One more question, will this be a premium title?

14. kruspyUL

kruspyUL Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    What happened to this thread?

15. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    It went quiet over a few weeks!

16. Yes. Buy once. That's my plan. I just haven't figured the price out yet.

Sorry. Still working on everything. I just haven't been keeping this thread updated. Some things are quite time consuming and really isn't that exciting to talk about, but is necessary for the game to work properly. Nothing is interesting about how we have to continuously divide up sections for loading/unloading and hide objects so everything runs smooth. I suspect you want to fire this game up and everything works as expected. And thats what I am trying to do.

Also, waiting to get my hands on an iPhone 6. :)

Thanks for checking in!

17. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Voncarp, have you figured out on how the beta testing will go?

18. fearlesskk

fearlesskk Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I would love to be part of the beta testing. I currently have an ipod5g, iphone5 and ipad air for me to test on.

I am a huge fan of dayz and fallour (still playing both on dauly basis) and would love to test and post any bugs found into the game to make it a great release!

19. xsprint

xsprint Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Hello developers,
    How this game is going? Any good News?

Do you have a specific time to release or beta test?

20. Heboi456

Heboi456 Member

May 4, 2012
    I would love to Beta Test I Have an IPhone 6 128gb .-. If you need a description of the device