Blaze - apocalyptic action story of surviving (your opinion required)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by havoc, Nov 30, 2013.

?

Is the game worth developing?

1. Hell yeah

30 vote(s)
    96.8%
  2. No way

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. havoc

havoc New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Click the pic to see the actual pixels.

Hey guys! Happymagenta is here again.
    The release of our current epic project – Joan Mad Run – is not far off. And while we are polishing every single pixel to make your beta-testing even more enjoyable, we’d like you to have a look at the first concept of a new game.

Here’s a short description:

Near future.
    Dramatic change of climate, deficit of water and civil rights’ collapse have turned the world upside down. The society is strictly divided into small and aggressive groups. Looting and banditry have become a way of living.
    Our protagonist is a loner, whose main aim is to find an illusory secret oasis.

The game would be a mixture of arcade and action with different missions to complete and problems to solve in order to survive and move on. That is, the gameplay would constantly change, switching from aggressive attacks and defense of your own territory to relatively calm searching for objects and trading. E.g. our hero’s vehicle got damages and now you have to find out some working details. The mending would take some time, during which you’ll also need to defend yourself with the help of stationary automatic weapons.

Another episode.
    Night. Long-awaited rain. Your mission is to find the short-lived rain streamlets and replenish water supplies. The heavy water canister, which you’ll have to carry, will limit your speed and actions. And of course your belongings would interest quite a number of enemies, including non-humans.

And there is more to come. At the end of each location you’ll have to beat enemies, that bear special abilities. So sole weapons would be not enough for your victory.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Looks great. I really like run n gun type games with platforms. Hope its 'contra' like!

3. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Uh...hell yeah

The art style alone already looks fantastic and the premise sounds like a lot of fun

4. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    The art alone is epic :)

5. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Looks great, and that's a cool concept. Just be careful not to fall into Dead Trigger's shoes with smaller timed missions...

I also love that there's no zombies in this, please keep it that way :)

6. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This looks great. I can't wait for more details.

7. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Hell yeah voted!

8. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    The Art Alone is Awesome Looking forward a Gameplay Video!

9. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Reminds me of apacolypse max. I love arcade action games, so this is big support from me. Is this freemium or premium?

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah... Joan is something i've really been looking forward to hit the appstore, and now there's Blaze too.

11. havoc

havoc New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Thanks to everyone for your support!

For now "Blaze" is in its early prototype. We only have tiles of landscape and backgrounds for the testing level, sketches of enemies and, partly, the animation for the main hero done.

The thing is, all our efforts are now directed towards finishing our current project - Joan Mad Run. After its release we'll be able to apply our experience to a new project. But since we haven't made our minds yet, whether it should be Blaze or something else, your opinion is of great importance! So please feel free to share all your thoughts and ideas in the comments below.

12. havoc

havoc New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Yeah! I agree! I also like Apocalypse Max and I feel that nowadays such games are rarely met. What concerns Blaze, for now we are thinking over the Premium.

13. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Look awesome, a gameplay vid would be great

14. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I love Apocalypse Max too, I buy the whole IAP team, really hope to see another game similar like that :)

15. MikeNintendo

MikeNintendo Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Woah, noticed Blaze, but didn't notice that it's a project from the developers of Joan.
    Good luck with both of games, waiting for Joan!

16. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Is there a chance of this ever being worked on?