Preview: Comb - A new challenging game for iPhone / iPod

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cpt.patrick, Aug 11, 2009.

1. cpt.patrick

cpt.patrick Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'd like to give you a preview of our forthcoming game "Comb". In the style of a match 3 game it combines features of puzzle and strategy games and as it is "in review" right now, it will hopefully appear very soon on the AppStore.
    Have a look at our preview video:

It's comfortable to play Comb with the gestures for rotating hexagons and to use the accelerometer for dissolving rows.
    The hard part is to achieve real high scores. You do this by creating gold, white and black hexagons.

You can find some more pictures here: http://www.warmbold.eu/Comb/Pictures.html

As private developers, we're looking forward to any feedback!

2. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Welcome to TA.

Your game looks quite polished, and definitely looks like a new twist on puzzle/match-3 games.

I'm definitely intrigued. Keep us posted on a release date.

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Welcome to TA.

Your game looks very good. Kind of like Trism and Hexterity together.
    I'll keep an eye on it ;)

4. cpt.patrick

cpt.patrick Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Wow, thanks for that very fast responses!
    Release date now depends on Apple of course... but I will let you know when the "Ready for Sale" mail arrives.
    By the way: we will sell it for lowest entry price, which means -.99 in the U.S.

Cheers,
    Patrick

5. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Welcome to TA, Yay!

Yes, the game looks very nice & is a good concept.

Are we getting a lite version of it ?

6. cpt.patrick

cpt.patrick Member

Aug 11, 2009
    No, there will be no lite version - at least we did not plan to have one. It's difficult because the first levels introduce you to the gameplay and the different troublemakers that will appear and then it's increasing in difficulty as you proceed. A light version should somehow cover an enclosed part of a game. I think it's dissapointing if you quite fast reach let's say level 4 - and then get the message that you have to go to the AppStore to get the full version. Well, probably we should think about that, but then it would be not available at the same time as the full version.
    Anyhow, thanks for the question.

Patrick

7. cpt.patrick

cpt.patrick Member

Aug 11, 2009
  8. demonslayerQ

demonslayerQ Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Wow, looks great. Only able to remove the diagonal rows?

9. cpt.patrick

cpt.patrick Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Yes, you always remove diagonal rows. If you have 6 stones or more in one row, you get a gold stone. If you have created 6 gold stones, you can arrange them as a ring and that will reward you with one white stone.