Blitz Block Robo - Nexus Game Studio [iOS + Android Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NexusSteve, Jul 7, 2013.

1. NexusSteve

NexusSteve Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Game Developer
    Canada
    #1 NexusSteve, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    Hey guys! Since we finished development on our previous game, infinite (which was so well received by you guys!), we started work on a new puzzle game called Blitz Block Robo.

Well it's been a while since Blitz Block Robo was announced and some of you a while back were kind enough to make a thread for us (old thread). We've done some major overhauling and a plethora of changes. We did not want to half-ass our development, but instead, focus more time to make a better game.

That being said, we're happy to re-introduce Blitz Block Robo!

[​IMG]

Blitz Block Robo is an action puzzle game with a fresh new take on the typical match puzzler. Simple, yet challenging, control the game grid by sliding blocks, matching colors of any amount to earn points or chain together with special blocks for massive combos. While Blitz Block Robo is at its core, a block match game, you’re not limited to three, you can match any larger value you want and blocks can move anywhere on the grid.

If you want a more in-depth look and some Vine gameplay footage, check out our latest blog post here.

The game will be released July 25th. You can check out the official game site for more information.

We hope everyone enjoys what they see! If you have any questions, I'll be here to answer :)

Attached Files:

2. quantumsheep

quantumsheep Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    The Head Cheese, Top Dog, Numero Uno Honcho, Quant
    London
    Very much looking forward to this :)

Been following its progress for a while, but didn't realise (as per your blog) that your initial design was changed through what looks like technical reasons.

I like that you re-thought it all and came up with something even better!

QS :D

3. NexusSteve

Dec 20, 2010
    Game Developer
    Canada
    #3 NexusSteve, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    Thanks for the comments QS :) The final result was far superior than the previous versions we developed.

Please to say that we've been approved by Apple today! We'll be revealing our release date very shortly in our upcoming trailer. I'll post it the moment it's ready.

4. NexusSteve

Dec 20, 2010
    Game Developer
    Canada
    Hey guys, just updated the top post with our trailer! Blitz Block Robo will be available July 25th for iOS and Android universal. Our game site is also live and you can check it out here. www.bbrobo.com

5. YoungZM

YoungZM New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Had the pleasure to beta test this game. Really fun and addicting even for those who aren't in love with a typical puzzle genre but blends nicely I for those who are. Great artwork again as well by Nexus.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    After the awesome infinite I would blindly purchase anything by you guys. I've been following the development of BBR for a while; I was gutted when the release was put back but I know that you guys are putting everything into making the game as good as can be. I'm pretty excited to play it; thanks guys and best of luck!

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I second this.

8. NexusSteve

Dec 20, 2010
    Game Developer
    Canada
    You guys are awesome, just saying. Really appreciate the comments :D

We've been doing a bigger push for this game than infinite (fingers are sore from all the emails sent out). You know how hard it is to spread the word. We're hoping we can gain move coverage this time around, helps as well that we're doing iOS + Android launching simultaneously.

Thanks again guys, 2 more days!