Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    http://support.fishlabs.net/

also check out their forums: http://forum.fishlabs.net/viewforum.php?f=28

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I downloaded the Supernova add-on earlier today and played it for a bit, and I didn't have any problems. Maybe it's just a temporary connection issue or something.

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Found 2 game breaking bugs, and now I can't continue the new campaign.

4. appfreak

appfreak Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    I'm guessing you need to enable in-app purchases on your iPad.

I just bought Supernova, only to realise I finished the game in the standard definition mode and not on the HD version. Do I need to start all over again?

5. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ship with 5 primary weapons in game!
    I repeat

A ship with
    5 PRIMARIES!

Woop woop.

Roll over void x, the kings are in town.

I just wonder if there will be a new elite ship to unlock after the extra achivements.

6. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Do you still have the standard version on your device? If so, save your finished game to OpenFeint, then you can load it up on the HD version and continue from there.

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Am I the only one affected by the bug in the second real mission of the new campaign (the one you have to complete using the gamma shield for the first time)? I can't complete it because I can't rescue any person, so the radiation bar empties and I'm dead. The first mission in the new Midorian system had other bug where I was playing without any UI and with the free camera mode, so when the conversation appeared I couldn't do anything.

8. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    Considering you are that far in game I assume you know any way.
    But to do any rescue mission you really need those all important cabins :)

9. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I equipped 4 large cabins so I could rescue 40 people at a time, and managed to complete the mission in two trips before the radiation bar emptied.

I have encountered the problem with the UI disappearing though. The way I got round it was to tap the top right of the screen, go into Action Freeze mode, then return to the game and the interface elements were visible again.

10. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    The UI disappearing is something linked to dragging in free view, and then placing another finger on the control stick.

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Is there a faster way of traveling the galaxy? It gets old real fast to have to travel each system one at a time like 7 times to do your quest and then travel 7 times to go back. I have that thing where you can warp to the alien mother ship but that isn't helping me get around faster.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    You mean the Khador Drive? You can warp anywhere with that.

13. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, the khador drive :p

When you select it and it asks to travel to the Void Space, select no, and then you are taken to a map. There, you can travel anywhere in one jump :) Just need some energy cells to do so.

Alternatively, select the place from the map in a station, and after departing, the Khador drive will start to charge right away.

14. visionwebs

Jan 24, 2012
    No big spoilers here, just some ship names. No story revealed but spoiler tagged none the less for the more pureistic explorers.

Got the bloodstar, grosa mkII and rhino already without the VIP card (and I won't get that).

Bloodstar is nice and defensive but you can't beat the pure firepower of 5 primaries on the grosa. It's one of the ships from kaamo club.

Gas mining is fun-ish but will go the way of regular mining I think. All that needs to be done now is find out how to make money like before the trade nerf (sad times).

Story is good. Some things that I expected to happen did happen, some that I didn't did and overall its a good buy. If you already have resources stocked up from before it won't take very long at all. Much, much shorter than the time the devs said it would be. The extras more than make up for it though. Some of the ships cost over 14 million credits so plenty to do.

Easily worth a buy, now I just wait for the time when they reverse that most heinous of desicions, remove IAP for coins and put trading back to what it used to be like.

Then we have a perfect game. It's not perfect now, but it's close!

15. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just highlighting on this point, the two were never connected. There was actually a very high demand from people who wanted to purchase credits rather than earn them in the game, and the previous organ trade route was overly lucrative.

Otherwise, glad you enjoyed the game :)

What do you think about the arcade mode? haven't tried it out yet :/

16. wswing

wswing Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Professor
    Am I the only one that can't restore purchases on the new version? After clicking the button Valkyrie still shows $4.99 for me even though I bought it eons ago. In fact, I recently restored Valkyrie on another device only weeks ago...

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    #377 VaroFN, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
    Of course I know lol
    The problem is that I can't rescue any person there even using those cabins. I tried using every cabing available (small, medium and big), and it still refuses to work (after boarding the cargo ship, the UI element that appears when you rescue someone doesn't appear). I didn't have any problem with the first rescuing mission of Supernova though (aside from the UI disappearing). I will try with more cabins.
    EFIT: tried again with more cabins. It still doesn't work.

18. appfreak

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    I'm afraid this isn't working as OpenFeint doesn't show any saved file. I've sent a support ticket to Fishlabs to see if they can recover it for me (people in their forums have done this, apparently)

I'm also considering start all over from Valkyrie, missing all the loot, goodies and medals. I'm my post here I explain the motivation to play the Valkyrie add-on on HD on a new iPad.

Anyone else trying Supernova starting from Valkyrie?

This is a normal thing to restore in-app purchases. You need a leap of faith to tap the buy button. iTunes knows you already own this so you wouldn't be charged.

I've done this is games like Jetpack Joyride where I was sure that I had purchased the double-coin machine but it didn't appear...

19. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Anyone with the new iPad notice any increased performance?I deleted the hd version and reinstall the sd because the performance was a lot better. The framerate would drop when there was a lot of stuff going on. I was thinking about reinstalling it but wanted to know if anyone noticed any increased performance after the update.

20. appfreak

Sep 12, 2009
    Geek (Media editor)
    London
    You can decrease the resolution in options (and then restart the app) which is a shame. I'm noticing some lag as well