Feral Fury - iOS Beta

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JimmyFF, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    #1 JimmyFF, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Hi everyone.
    Feral Fury is now ready for a handfull of bug hunters. We`ve already reached out to those of you who showed interest back in April (check your PM box), but we would like a few more.
    If you`re interested, PM me your apple ID email and we`ll send you an invite. (iPhone 5/iPad 3 or newer devices).

Watch on YouTube

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Description
    Feral Fury is a fast-paced, hardcore, twin stick shooter rogue-lite with randomly generated stages, encounters and items but also permanent unlocks and upgrades.

Story
    Long after humankind perished in the flames of its many wars, the great panda empire and the Hellhog Horde is locked in an endless struggle for galactic domination. Aboard the starship Shaanxi IV, the 3d battalion panda marines are preparing for yet another battle. As the ship's engines power down, admiral Pawgarr addresses the troops one last time;
    May the soil we conquer nurture the holy seeds of the great bamboo.

[​IMG]
    -Fast-paced twin stick shooter rouge-lite action.
    -13 Procedurally-generated stages split into 5 chapters.
    -Tons of items including helmets, weapons, drones, power ups and scrolls.
    All with unique powers and special abilities.
    -Collect orbs to unlock permanent upgrades or to buy a starting loadout for your next run.
    -Find secret stages and hidden keys to unlock special shops and merchants.
    -Daily Run – Take the fight to the leaderboards once a day in a locked seed
    with 3 random items and 1 random curse (e.g. slippery floor, bouncing enemy bullets).

Also, the PC version is up on Steam Greenlight right now. Any and all help is much appreciated!

Thank you and happy hunting!

Jimmy
    Skandivania Games
    feralfury.com

2. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Sorry for the delay, just waiting for apple to approve.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #3 LordShad0wz, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    I can't wait :) this project really looks fantastic! I'm excited for you guys. The gameplay video really does look incredible. Come in Apple and approve this sucker!

Billy

4. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok!

Has everyone started playing? I started last night. I have a bunch of deaths under my belt lol. Here is some feedback:

First I need to know what the monetization model will be for the game? The reason being either way I think the economy needs some balancing but the way it needs balancing depends on how it will be monetized. I'm earning too few credits per run. The cost of upgrades is so high that I'm still not even close, no where close, to one of the lowest costing upgrades.

I love the entire premise of this game. It has the bindings of Isaac vibe and that's an awesome thing! The on screen controls are perfect. You can customize them but I didn't feel the need to change anything. I love the procedural generation and the level lay outs. I love the traps. There's so much done right with this game. I love the fact that every run is different yet there are permanent upgrades that give you a true sense of progression. I just haven't been able to buy a single upgrade because of the economy. But that can be fixed.

Anyone else's thoughts? I want to give the game another 2 full hours and then I'll post some more. I really like this game. Thank you to Jimmy for bringing me in on this project.

Billy

5. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Thank you Billy!

It`s going to be a premium game. No in-app purchases.

The economy is definitely something we need a lot of feedback on. The way it works right now, is that regular enemies doesn`t drop that many orbs, while the bosses drops a lot the first time you defeat them.
    The thing is, besides the upgrades and the starting loadout, there`s a bunch of secrets within the game itself, that also requires orbs. So we definitely need to make sure that you have enough to spend, but without unlocking all the upgrades too quickly. Super tricky!
    We have a plan though and will do some changes for the next version.

We're extremely relieved to hear that you enjoy it. Especially the controls!!:) Thanks!

6. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Hello!

Are you still looking for Beta testers? If so than please let me know. I love these kinds of games!

7. braunchitis

braunchitis Member

Aug 5, 2015
    I would be interested in joining the beta!

8. Bethor

Bethor Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2015
    I too would be interested in doing beta for your game.

Thank you in advanced

9. MacEleven

MacEleven Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2015
  10. plugger603

plugger603 Member

Mar 23, 2012
  11. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    I missed this one I sent a pm I hope I get in

12. topclasschef

topclasschef New Member

Aug 23, 2012
  13. Stetch

Stetch New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 23, 2015
    Graphic Designer. Large format printer.
    Sweden
    #13 Stetch, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    (Edit: Removed)

14. xtorsion

xtorsion Member

Apr 28, 2016
    Beta

I would love to join this beautiful game, and try out this beta.

thank you

[email protected]

15. Bookworm21

Bookworm21 Active Member

Jul 10, 2016
    #15 Bookworm21, Sep 8, 2016
    Hey guys,

I'm really enjoying the game so far, especially the level design. I do have a few requests though:

#1: can it be made explicitly clear what upgrades and things are permanent? I'm not sure if the choice of 3 items you see when you start a level are 'just for this run' or 'you will now permanently have the choice of using these'

#2: could we have the dark red 'death screen' a bit brighter please :D

Have yet to find any bugs yet, but I'll keep searching :cool:

EDIT:
    The choice of 3 items at the start are indeed one-use only.

I'm slowly improving...

16. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Tried the beta for a while. It's a nice game. It reminded me an old very good game on PC / Amiga which it called "Chaos Engine" but it was more open-world!

Some questions regarding the final version:
    1) How you will be able to continue? Will it be after clearing the whole level (from 1 to 5) or from the stage that you died?

2) I think five levels are few but maybe I am wrong. I reached stage #1-3.

3) Bookworm21 user mentioned that these items in the start will not be permanent. I believe the game will be too difficult if you claim some weapons and be one use only.. :confused:

17. Bookworm21

Bookworm21 Active Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Well, the syringe thing is definitely one use only (bought by mistake), so I can only assume the rest are.

I am also assuming that all the stuff bought in the 'upgrades' screen is permanent due to its higher cost.

I reckon that the 'starting key' upgrade will be helpful in getting weapons, as I found that they can be used to open the caskets dotted around.

18. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Hi Bookworm21,

I`m very glad you`re enjoying it!

#1: Thank you for mentioning this. Our goal is to make everything clear and simple with as little text/tutorials/explanations as possible. The starting loadout seem to be a bit confusing though. You do indeed only keep those items during that specific run, while everything in the upgrade menu is permanent.

#2: It`s now on our to-do list.

Tip for improving: The dodge-roll has invincibility frames. Time it right to dodge through bullets.

Thank you for your feedback.

19. JimmyFF

JimmyFF Active Member

Apr 6, 2016
    #19 JimmyFF, Sep 8, 2016

1) We borrow heavily from the roguelike template, where permadeath is one of the defining traits. The continue button in the main menu is only for getting back to where you were if the game is turned off in the middle of a run.

2) To reach the end you have to finish a total of 13 stages, split into 5 chapters + 6 bosses.. without dying. And that's where the real Feral Fury begins ;)

Thank you for helping us with feedback.

20. Shimm5

Shimm5 Active Member

Jan 28, 2016