iPad The last Ping Pong Game you'll ever need!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Tenggrenska, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Tenggrenska

Tenggrenska Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Stockholm
    #1 Tenggrenska, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  2. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    Bizarre controls

If the developer is looking at this thread, I'm wondering why the decision was made to use a vertical slider as the controller for moving the player horizontally? I'm finding this very hard to get used to.

3. Tenggrenska

Tenggrenska Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Stockholm
    Hey Grist! Thanks for playing our game. It takes a few runs to get used to the vertical mode, but once you do it feels natural. The two main reason we went for vertical was: we didn't want to cover the player with the thumb. And its suppose to be a little bit tricky ;)

4. Tenggrenska

Tenggrenska Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Stockholm
    #4 Tenggrenska, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    /Oscar

5. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I cheat and play it sideways. Who is the crazy "high score" announcer?

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok,

Believe it or not I actually like the verticals slider. It actually is pretty good.

The downside is that announcer voice has to go. It's hurting my head. Please. The high pitch is too much.

It's a fun game if you can stand that voice.

Billy

7. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    Starting to get the hang of this

After posting my concerns yesterday about the vertical controls, I played a bit more and my brain finally got the message. Am enjoying the game now, but agree with another post who complained about the annoying yell that announces the score. Also, it would be nice to have scores registered on Game Center, assuming that Apple can find a way to fix Game Center soon.

8. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    I hope we are not being too rude. Maybe it's the developer and he speaks like that all the time :eek:

9. Grist

Grist Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    VP of Marketing
    Massachusetts
    How to win a run

Has anyone figured out (including the developer) whether it is possible to win a run? I notice that a running score of winning runs is displayed after losing a run, and mine is a big fat zero after many attempts.

10. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Whoa this little game is awesome!

I really like the smooth animations. I do have some suggestions though for making this game bigger than an awesome little game:

- Option to place the slider on the left instead of right, so I can also play with my left thumb.

- The difficulty of the game is clearly increased around 22 points. Maby increase the difficulty each turn so it's less obvious (I hope you understand my explanation?).

- Unlocking table arena's, such as a world cup table or local ping pong club table/arena. (for the immersion, the black background can become boring).

- Unlock different characters with individual differences such as hitbox width.

11. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #11 vectorarchitekt, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    What a fun little game, it's so cute.
    The vertical sliding takes getting used to but like it was said in this thread, it works once you do.
    I actually prefer it to say, Tiny Tennis where you slide left and right and it sometimes blocks the bottom character from view.

I wish my green line indicator wouldn't disappear on me.

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I was wondering this too...it seems like the computer will never miss so no matter the high score, how can you "win"?

13. Tenggrenska

Tenggrenska Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Stockholm
    Thanks for all awesome feedback

We appreciate that you have downloaded the game and enjoy it!

To answer some of your q:s:

- the high score scream - we’ll remove that;)
    - its not possible to win, you compete agains yourself and your friends, to get the highest highscore. Our is 217 ;)
    - It was a challenge for us to gradually increase the speed since it our first game ever made, therefore we increase speed at 20,40,60 etc.
    - Unlocking new features( arenas, players etc) is a really good idea!

We have not decided yet if we want to continue developing this game or start on a new one, but with all this great feedback we feel eager to fulfil you requests.

What are you thoughts on connecting the game to Game Center?

/Tenggrenska

14. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Nice game but I really can't get use to the gameplay, it's too unnatural for me.

15. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    You're not making money on this game right? That's a shame because you could keep expanding a game with nice revenue.

My suggestion would be to create a sequel. Use this game as a basis and expand it with new features such as:

- Unlockable characters and tables/arena's.

- Tournaments

- 2 player mode on the same device (could be fun haha)

- Leaderbord (local or maby online if you can create that. I wouldn't use Game Center as it's bugged for a lot of people, just like me)

- More options like to swap the controls to the left, option to enable the announcer voice, and so on.

You could publish it for free with ads + an option to remove ads for a couple of dollars.

PS, I also love the controls to be honest, works really well with some practice.

16. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Please if you connect to Game Center do not require it in order to play. I have "the Bug" and games that require GC will not load and are unplayable for me.

Other visual options would be nice, even if it were color choices... and I liked someone's idea of different characters having different abilities. But it's still good as is. Though I'm sure other "arenas" in the visual style on this game would look great.

I would say this game has huge potential and you should continue to work on it!
    I actually like the high score sounds, maybe just provide an option to turn it off for those who don't.
    Thanks for taking suggestions and participating in this thread!

17. Tenggrenska

Tenggrenska Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Stockholm
    Thanks for all the great Ideas! At the moment we don't earn anything. We already developed the "2 player mode" but haven't released it yet. As you mention, leader board, statistics and tournaments is probably a key for success. And the different unlock options are interesting as well because our strength is animation and design.

18. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    That's cool! I'm interested to know what you guys plan for the future is going to be. Let me know if you have decided to create a sequel or update this one. You have a new fan. :)

19. Tenggrenska

Tenggrenska Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Stockholm
    Okey, Its sounds like Game Center isn't they way to go. It's my pleasure receiving all this insights from you guys. Cool, that you see the potential in the game, it gives us power and motivation to develop it further;)

20. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    It's an absolute brilliant little game so far!