Dear mods, please add a no politics section to "The Rules" thread.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by TheEvilRobot, May 23, 2013.

1. TheEvilRobot

TheEvilRobot Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    #1 TheEvilRobot, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013
    Dear mods,

Can you please add a politics rule to "The Rules (or Don't Do These Or You'll Get Banned)" thread.

I was looking at that thread and noticed a very important rule:

Don't cause trouble

I understand that politics is a touch issue with many people. I don't think it would be a wise idea to bring up politics because people have many different views and feel strongly about it.

(if the person who started the argument is reading this, you owe me an apology) the guy that was arguing me with could have been more mature about it ( I asked him very nicely the 1st time I responded to him that if he wanted to talk about politics he could join a forum about politics) , but when someone else brings up politics things can get out of hand.

Please make a rule about discussing politics.

Thanks for reading.

-TheEvilRobot

Edit: I wasn't really acting bad, but both me and the other person could have been more mature about it, although I asked him nicely the first time and he responded, in what I believe, to be a rude manner.

Edit #2: If you don't know what happened this is the basic gist:

It happened in the Tetris Blitz thread:

Some guy responded to my comment and mentioned communsium, the IRS, and Obama.

My comment said that I said was I refused to support anyone that puts $99 iaps in their game. That's when he responded with the communisum, IRS, and Obama comment.

I politely told him that if he wanted to discuss politics he should join a forum about politics, or, if the lounge allowed it, he could talk about it there.

He then responded and called my opinion "foolish" and I told him to stop acting like his opinions are right and everybody elses is wrong.

I then told him to get rid of his superior attitude.

I really wasn't misbehaving, but we both (me and the other guy) could have been more mature about it.

I asked him politely at first and he responded in an angry manner.

I reported him earlier and I think I reported him again for his most recent comment.

Both our comments got deleted (Thank you mods )

No, I do not live in a communist country obviously

Edit 3: Got rid of my apology because the other user should be the one apologizing, not me.

2. I think a specific double posting rule should be added to aid in prevention of future chatgates.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What's next, no expressing an opinion on Dead Trigger? :rolleyes:

4. Yes, that should be a rule too.

Anyone overly critical of Dead Trigger should be required to have a title change for a week saying.

I ❤ Dead Trigger

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I agree. That would be amazing!