Universal The Sailor's Dream - Simogo game, late 2014

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NiceDude, Jul 28, 2014.

1. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    http://simogo.com/work/the-sailors-dream/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NiceDude

NiceDude Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2014
    http://simogo.com/2014/07/28/simogo-presents-the-sailors-dream/
    [​IMG]

3. Ok, it's Simogo, so it looks awesome. But man, since Beat Sneak Bandit, we have only visual novel from Simogo...
    I want a 2D plateform game from them, or something else.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Agreed, everything since beat sneak bandit has been different from Simogo. I liked year walk but the story novels not so much and now another one? I really want a unique platformer or RPG with simogos artwork from bumpy road or beat sneak

5. Glad i'm not the only one to think that.

6. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    From Simogo's blog:

Sailors, Secrets and a broadcast

As you have probably noticed, we’ve been a bit quiet about The Sailor’s Dream. We’re actually very far along with the project – we’re wrapping it up and currently polishing, testing and squashing bugs!

We’d like to explain a bit about the reasoning for us being so quiet about the project – because it’s been a very deliberate choice from our side.

We have a lot of fun features and elements in The Sailor’s Dream, which we believe are unique, and exciting. And as much as we’d like to shout about how exciting we think they are, we’ve made a (tough!) decision to not talk about them before the release.

Why?

It’s quite simple. We just don’t don’t want to rob you of the sense of wonder and discovery.

We’re fans of the element of surprise, and as we talked about when we were making Year Walk, that’s an element we miss from the games we played when growing up. And even though The Sailor’s Dream is nothing like those games, it’s a box of stories and little glimpses into a world that we’d like you to discover and piece together for yourselves.

That said, we know that some of you have wanted to see more. And we’re not mean people (well…), so we’ve put together a little something for you to think about and ponder without spoiling any surprises. So, put in your earphones, and enjoy!

We hope you’ll appreciate this decision once you’ll get the chance to experience The Sailor’s Dream for yourselves. We don’t have any firm date yet, but we’ll definitely let you know once we have.

7. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Looks like it could be coming soon, Simogo tweeted earlier that on Monday we should 'watch this spot'

8. RonnieRobot

RonnieRobot Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Making children happy.
    Portland, Oregon
    Wow, really cool graphics. Lovely trailer, best of luck with the release.

9. RonnieRobot

RonnieRobot Member

Oct 14, 2014
    Making children happy.
    Portland, Oregon
    The typeface for "The Sailors Dream" is really lovely! Never seen anything like it before.

10. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    It's Monday afternoon here, so anything?

11. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    Ok guys cheer up its coming On 6th of November!

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^im saving a spot for this! Thanks!

13. Infinity89

Apr 8, 2013
    So I can't find it in the NZ App Store, am I missing something?