That Puzzle Game With No Name

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by chips, Oct 4, 2011.

1. chips

chips Member

May 27, 2009
    Hello TouchArcadians,

we are about to ship a new puzzle game to iOS and we believe that it would be a nice touch from you, if you play the beta version of it and suggest us a name
    for it.

What do you think of that?

By the way, if you didn't like the game, liked or think that this woud be way better as an First Person Shooter, please feel free to tell us what you think.

http://www.sulistas.com/thatpuzzlegamewithnoname/

Thanks,
    Rodrigo Chips.

2. flod

flod Active Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Developer
    I'm not sure if I've missed it, but you should really include some brief instructions. If there are none in game at this stage, you could simply list them in this thread.

Without a clear view on the goal and rules it's hard to like or dislike it based on solely the Minesweeper-esque mechanic. Same goes for the name suggestion.

Otherwise, it looks nice and seems to fit great the touch input, but what is it about? :)

HTH,
    -flod.

3. ChunkoutGames

ChunkoutGames Active Member

"Error launching Unity Player" - "Bad file length"?

4. I'm with flod on this. No idea how to play this. My first instinct is to play it like minesweeper but you quickly find out that doesn't work.

5. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    Me as well, I had no idea how to play it. The finished product will definitely need a tutorial, but for feedback here, can you explain how to play please?

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's more like a slightly more tricky version of the classic 100 jumps (or whatever it's called) puzzle. I know I've played a nice scribble version of it on iOS, but I can't find it at the moment...

Imagine a chessboard with a knight on it, now the knight has to travel to each square once until the who board has been traversed. That's the classic version.

For this game, there's two 'layers' (i.e. you hit each square twice) and when you hit a square with another chess piece or a number that changes the type of move you can make next. On top of that there's bonuses for chaining the type of piece(s) you land on.

Did that help any? I'll keep searching for one of those games - I bet if you played the simple version first this one would make a lot more sense.

7. chips

chips Member

May 27, 2009
    Thanks Drelbs, for answer that for me!

The full version have a couple pages of instructions and a tutorial for the first time you play each level.

On the very easy level, the one that is avaliable on this link you must destroy all pieces by clicking on the pieces in blue (what we call the pieces that are ON). Every piece that you destroy, witch have a number turn on the pieces on it's equivalent distance, witch means, 1 turn on all of the pieces at the distance of one piece, 2 turn on the pieces at two of distance and so on.
    If you click a piece that don't have any piece at that distance is gameover.

I hope it helps. If not, please give me some feedback.