F.A.S.T. or Star Defense

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by alsonic41, Jun 24, 2009.

?

F.A.S.T or Star Defense

1. F.A.S.T

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Star Defense

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Other ( please post what that is)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. alsonic41

alsonic41 Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Which is the best buy: F.A.S.T. or Star Defense: You Decide!
    If you think another game that has recently been released tops one of these post your answer.

2. Uhgii

Uhgii Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Broadcasting/News
    New York
    While I think this is just going to turn into a "what is your favorite game" thread, which we get like 20 of per day - it's really hard to pick between two games of completely different genres, and it's all going to come down to personal taste of the genre. People who don't like TD games are obviously going to pick F.A.S.T., and people who aren't too thrilled with online multiplayer and flight sim style games will pick Star Defense.

I pick F.A.S.T. as TD games never really did much for me, and while I did snag up Star Defense due to the hype, I was disappointed that it was essentially the same thing on a round surface. I found it easy and boring.

3. Tipop

Tipop Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Never heard of F.A.S.T.

However, I was disapointed with Star Defense. The graphics are amazing, but I felt the gameplay left something to be desired. It was a little too "been there, done that". If you're a fan of Tower Defense games, you aren't going to get anything new from the gameplay of Star Defense. It's nice eye candy, though.

I think if you're looking for a Tower Defense game, I'd recommend Defender Chronicles, which includes RPG elements. It's the RPG elements that adds to the replayability. Plus the developer has promised new maps on a regular basis.

4. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    What's your favorite genre?

I would personally recommend:
    Defender Chronicles
    Real Racing
    Zenonia
    Or pretty much any of Gameloft's $1 game (HoS, Lets Golf, Real Soccer, etc)

I don't think Star Defense will last too long, but F.A.S.T does look pretty good.

5. alsonic41

alsonic41 Active Member

Feb 22, 2009
    yeah im pretty much buying up all gameloft sale games haha but i like anything really

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Honestly, Star Defense is not the best game in the TD genre. For that, you should look to Defender Chronicles, Sentinel, ElementalMonstersTD, 7 Cities and even TowerMadness and Sweetwater Defense if you want 3D. Star Defense while offering a decent TD experience is pretty basic when compared to other TD games. Besiegement is another one to consider as well...one of my longtime favorites.

F.A.S.T. is a good fighter sim, but to really take advantage of it, you'll need to tap into the multiplayer capabilities. While it has 30 missions, that's not really the core focus of F.A.S.T.

7. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    The atmosphere of SD (pun sadly intended) is fantastic. And I find it challenging enough in hard mode. I thought I wanted fast forward in it before, but now I realize they probably omitted it because it has 'epic film' like atmosphere, to be savoured, and not to be rushed through.
    F.A.S.T is also fantastic. Amazing how well done it is. Again, I am savouring the 30 missions at my own pace, and dabbling occasionally in a game online. I would have said not to get it if you didn't have internet connection, but now it has been reduced in price, so....go for it:)

Both are wonderful. It really is down to which one tickles your fancy more.

8. ringring

ringring Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    get F.A.S.T. You wont regret it!

9. I'm loving Star Defense, but I haven't gotten FAST yet. That will definitley be the first thing I buy though when I can.

10. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    I think the games are equally great in their own genres. I agree with Alichan.
    Both apps are going to get updates, whether through DLC or normal. I think it is up to you to decide between strategy (star defense) or fast paced action (F.A.S.T.).

11. somedude445

somedude445 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    tried both, honestly i dont see whats so great about star defense, awesome its 3d! but the TD elements of it are pretty basic, F.A.S.T on the other hand is like tom clancy's hawx but on the iphone, and there's always people playing online if u have wifi.

Get F.A.S.T for sure, can't wait for the "war" update!

12. dashzed

dashzed Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    aaargh!!! Albie, while i still respect you, you have failed me by not mentioning GeoDefense, which is the BEST TD GAME EVER!!! it is way better than all the others IMO...

and the OP should get F.A.S.T.

13. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Ah dashzed, I still have GeoDefense on my device, but I couldn't list every TD game :) Please excuse my oversight.