iPhone Expedition:Beyond the Walls 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by racingspider, Mar 5, 2013.

1. racingspider

racingspider Well-Known Member

The stars needed aligning, and for three years after the release of the unique Expedition:Beyond the Walls, ideas came and went - and coalesced into what I believe is a fantastic game system (of course I do! :p)

Anyway, I'm currently working on the next version of my previously released game with a host of new ideas and much more fluid gameplay (as well as gobs of replayability).

Huge maps, horrible monstrous creatures, ancient ruins, magic spells, deadly enemies - traps, poison, errant sorcerers, wondrous artifacts and permanent death for your crew (not quite as bad as it seems...).

I'm putting up a blog at http://racingspidergames.com/wordpress/ that will go into detail about the game as I develop it.

If you were a fan of the first version (free or full paid), you'll really enjoy the coming version. With elements of a worker placement game, crew building, dice rolling, map navigating and wonder-seeking - Expedition: Beyond the Walls 2 will be sure to scratch that adventure itch you have.

Check it out. I'll eventually be running TestFlight for the open beta and will be happy to hear feedback and explain things as the need arises. I'll also post new stuff in this thread too.

2. Grudunza

Grudunza Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Wow, that's great news! I loved the original. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the open beta.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Great news! The original Expedition is a lot of fun. Looking forward for an opportunity to try the open beta when avaliable.

Will Expedition 2 be iPhone/iPod compatible like the first?

4. racingspider

Yep. It'll be universal. Glad you're excited, this new one is the result of A LOT of design work.

5. Grudunza

Grudunza Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Any ETA on when it's coming out, or the beta?

6. racingspider

No real ETA yet, but I'm hoping to get an early beta going in the next couple of weeks.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Dice rolling! I'm in :D will it be universal or at least an ipad version?

8. racingspider

It is going to be universal. Since it doesn't have cutting edge graphics or things like that, it should very easily be able to be played across a very wide variety of devices.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Oh, wow!!!
    I spent a lot of time with your game and I thought it was genuinely great!
    Can't wait to learn more!

10. racingspider

Thanks Pitta! It is always nice to hear! You can check my blog for updates on it. I'll try to keep it updated weekly. Though, sometimes development is only done in the code and there is nothing new visually.
    I will, however, get into some of the mechanics of the game pretty soon - I suppose I can mirror the basics in this forum post and go into more detail on my blog.
    Thanks for the support!