App Store issue (reviews not posting)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Coil_Whine, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #1 Coil_Whine, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    I like posting reviews on the app store (also because I can cross-promote my twitter account) and have been doing so for a few months. However, for some apps (such as Ratch-It and Fish Out of Water) I try to post a review, I rate and click send, and nothing ever happens. When I tap "Review" again, it just shows a blank form. Very confused as posting reviews works 99% of the time, it's just the 1% of games and apps that frustrate me. :confused:
    If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. HydroReaver

HydroReaver Member

Apr 27, 2014
    My review for the Shadowgun update (it crashes now) took 48 or so hours to post. Could just be that

3. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I've waited a few weeks for one to post, still nothing.
    Unrelated but Shadowgun (the original SP one) is really good. Played it on my OUYA a few months back.

4. HydroReaver

HydroReaver Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Yeah, it's good. I actually got it about 2 hours before the anniversary update. Then I updated. Crashes. Many people have that problem
    Back ok topic, it's just gonna be a while before the review posts

5. Coil_Whine

Coil_Whine Active Member

Dec 29, 2013
    When I tap the review button after tapping "send", nothing shows up. It doesn't register my review. I'll try it from iTunes later today. It's weird though, on other apps it works.

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Missing reviews has always been an occasional issue for me. I simply wait to see if it shows and if not I'll post another which normally is recognized the second time around.
    Not saying this is the op's problem but I believe Apple can refuse to post a review in regards to what content it holds, so if its really negative or harsh it might not get posted. But then again I've seen a few get by Apple. The store has always been unpredictable imo.

7. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Untrue, I see many bad reviews on the AppStore. Mine also do not post, no idea why.

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I've seen bad reviews as well but not to the degree as I stated being harsh rants that's relative to something you'd read on youtube.com comments. I'm sure those would never pass muster.
    And I also mentioned if the first review didn't post then I see it after doing it a second time so I really don't get your second sentence regarding my post.
    And did you see the part of Apple being unpredictable?

9. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    If I try posting reviews from my ipad, they never show, I dint think they ever have to be honest, when I post reviews from a PC they work almost all of the time. It's weird.