iOS Combat TCG/CCG/Card RPG

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cryptikx, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Magic 2013 is missing on that list.
    But more important: where is SpellCraft? It is universal and damn good! One of the best, I'd say.

2. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Adding my voice to Vovin's .
    While I couldn't care less about Magic, Spellcraft most definitely belongs on your list. In my opinion, it is the best tactical card games on iOS, with very helpful and active developers.
    Have a look at the forum thread here on TA to get some impressions:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=150463

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Don't forget Alien Menace dammit! Oh, and Paleolithic Wars. I know there are more; a lot disappeared from the appstore, but I used to have a crapload. Oh yeah, Northmark is another.

4. Cryptikx

Cryptikx Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    I couldn't find Alien Menace or Paleolithic Wars in the US app store. Please provide iTunes links. (Note that I want this list to only include games available in the US appstore).

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    SolForge will definitely be applicable for the list (from the makers of Ascension and Magic). There's currently only a lite version available though, full game release TBA. It's practically the only CCG I've ever been excited for. Some people aren't digging the simplicity, but screw them, without it I couldn't get into the genre.

Lite: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/solforge/id582493858?mt=8

6. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Added. Thanks for the link too!

7. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    SolForge looks interesting, giving it a try. Thanks for digging it up!

8. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
  9. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
  10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aw... No Summoner Wars? That's what i consider to be the best strategy card game on the iOS!

11. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Added.

12. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Assassins creed recollection, gubs, bang!, penny arcade, ultimate showdown, food fight, neuroshima hex, cabals, nightfall, spectromancer, lehavre, San juan (not sure these last two qualify because u could then be chucking in all general games with cards).

And really really looking forward to infinity wars, but that's not out for a few more months.

13. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    Thanks for the list. I only included games that have some form of "RPG" elements. Though admittedly "RPG" may be the wrong terminology. Basically, I only want to include games in which the success of one match makes you stronger or gives you more options in a future match (acquiring new cards, decks, equipment etc).

If I have not included something on the list that doesn't meet that qualifier (or if I accidentally did include something that shouldn't be there), feel free to make your case to persuade me here. =D

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    No worries, but, so you won't include any of that list?
    I fail to see how say shadow era makes the list but ACR or cabals don't. Just for example. On the same note, penny arcade is almost a rehash of ascension. Same as spectromancer is a rehash of kard combat.
    Anyway, your the OP, and have your idea of the criteria so as you wish.

15. Cryptikx

Mar 21, 2011
    WA, USA
    #35 Cryptikx, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    Oh sorry, I should have clarified that I had already included multiple games from your list before I responded to you (including every one mentioned in your comment above). Thanks for the list!

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    No worries. Good list going in the first post now.
    Hope there's plenty more to come in the future, because for me, I don't think there's one yet that's totally nailed it. Close, but nothing has totally done it yet. I mean something as expansive as magic was during the 90's. limitless combinations etc. (sure there's magic 2013, but that's restricted as buggery).

17. dancik1

dancik1 New Member

Jan 29, 2013
  18. dancik1

dancik1 New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    Book of Ashes: Age of Dragons

Very good grafics for ipad!!!! Now its my best one, even better then Rage of Bahamut. Download Book of Ashes from appstore!

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im surprised nobody mentioned Summoner Wars. I guess it's mostly because it has a board and a "turn-based strategy" similar to chess as it's main mechanic.

Nonetheless, i recommend Summoner Wars. You can check it out for free, and buy the rest of the factions one-by-one or in bulk.

20. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    The main reason why is that this is an old thread that was dredged up by a shill. You'll notice another old thread almost exactly like this one was also re-animated by the same shill.