Help: iTunes

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nikhsterboi, May 30, 2010.

1. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Hi Guys!

I'm having a big problem with iTunes and was wondering if you guys could help me.

Here's my problem:

Whenever I plug in my iPod to my computer, my computer doesn't recognize it and neither does iTunes. I have to restart my computer for it to recognize.

Also, I was thinking I would uninstall iTunes and then reinstall to try and fix the problem. But then, wouldn't all of my applications be gone? I cannot backup my applications because I have 11 gb worth of it and that would take tons of 700mb disks. So I was wondering if I could just move my "Mobile Applications" folder to another folder instead of the iTunes one. If I did that, would I be able to add those applications back to iTunes after the reinstall and iTunes still recognize them?

Thanks in advance!

2. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1449

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1364

3. nikhsterboi

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    you could rename your iTunes folder to something else so iTunes doesn't recognize it, then uninstall and reinstall and rename it back again

5. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    You're welcome, Buddy! Anytime for you.

6. funkynubman

funkynubman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    News Reporter/ Superhero
    Right. Behind. You.
    Same thing happens to me. But for me, if you keep connecting the iPod into the port over and over, eventually it'll read it.

7. nikhsterboi

Yeah that happens sometimes too. But I can never sync. My iTunes goes bisserk and starts not responding