space invaders is terrible!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jman47886, Aug 7, 2009.

1. jman47886

jman47886 Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    i just bought space invaders 2 days ago and i have to say it's terrible! does anyone else agree?

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Which Space Invaders?

If you mean Space Invaders Infinity Gene - I can't agree with you. I am having a blast with it.

3. Tahuri

Tahuri Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Er..Which one?

There are two out, regular space invaders (which I didn't buy), Or Space Invaders Infinity gene, Which I bought the second it came out ,and its amazing.

4. jman47886

jman47886 Active Member

Mar 13, 2009
    yes infinity gene.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    :O

...have you passed the first couple of levels?

6. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    It has a 4.5 star average in iTunes.. why would you buy it if it is not your type of game?

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    blashphemy!

8. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Everyone has different tastes and experience levels. You know how that goes.

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I will not stand for such sacrilege. Infinity Gene is not only one of the best games on the App Store right now, it's up there with Monkey Island and the new XBLA Turtles in Time for best overall remake of a retro game.

I mean, unless you don't like shooters or something, in which case it's probably your own fault for buying one.

10. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Here we go....round 2. Just a continuation of the minigore sucks thread and people will now flame OP for saying it sucks...

Ding ding ding....round 2

11. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    please explain why you think its terrible. have you unlocked free roaming yet or encountered a boss? which ships have you unlocked. how far are you (which level)? lastly, are you a troll?

12. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    Don't get me started on Minigore...that game's tagline should be "The game that will reside in your iTunes library (waiting for updates) more than it will on your device."

As for SIIG, please people, we don't need any bloodshed.

13. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Now guys, come on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, never mind how comical.

14. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I will refrain from flaming because there is no point...I will simply say that this will be in my top ten games of the year. I can't imagine I will like 10 games better than this by December.

15. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    I like it a lot too, although I can see the bright flashing sequences causing seizures in some people. I can also understand why some may not like it because of the retro feel which doesn't appeal to everyone.

16. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I've played it, but most of the time, I don't have any idea what's going on. I keep shooting stuff, and I must be doing something right, because I keep going to the next level, but it is hard to tell what you're shooting at and why or what powerup choices are good.

Plus if you do die and lose all your lives, you can just start over at the same point with the same score.

17. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Ah yeah I can understand Space Invaders really isn't for everyone. I however really enjoyed the reboot just like Space Invaders Extreme did :cool: want to know what game I don't get why is so popular? Pocket God. I mean what is it that people love about it 0.o

18. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I'm really enjoying this game and I bought it without catching wind of much of the hype. The way that the game evolves is truly amazing. My only gripe is that I find many of the weapons useless, especially as you progress through the harder levels. The only weapon I use is the "lock-on." Aside from that, it feels so much like a perfect fit for our idevices. :D

19. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I disliked SIIG for several hours until my mind became able to process what was being represented onscreen. After playing awhile, it just doesn't look as chaotic as it does at first. The masses of objects start to get lumped together according to whether they seem relevant or not your survival.

There was an article some months ago describing a study that found that playing video games increases one's ability over time to discriminate between colors, especially shades of gray. SIIG is a prime example of a game that challenges and probably develops in that domain, as survival - especially on hard setting - is only accomplished after it has started to become clear what objects to pay attention to and which to ignore (e.g. the dark grey vertical lines emerging from the bottom of the screen and drifting left and right across each other).