Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Do you ever actually read back through what you have written before hitting "post?" Try it. Even if it doesn't cause you to consider changes, it's only fair if your intention is to subject others here to the same fate.

2. Xeyad

Xeyad Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2012
    you know...with all time-based freemium games...a small change in the clock settings or the date is all you need! ;)

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1223 Rip73, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
    I never said a paywall does exist, you simply asked a question where you denied mentioning a paywall previously and called my post ridiculous.
    And I simply replied with a direct quote from you where you mention having to pay more money to complete the game which sorta follows the definition of a pay wall.

Don't push my luck how exactly? What's the purpose of that threatening sentence?

4. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #1224 k1lljoy_89, Feb 13, 2013
    Delete.

Rip covered it all himself, any further defense to the game and Rip is futile as I'll end up banned anyway, as is custom.

Don't want to push my luck.

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Fair enough. No bad blood. Thanks for the sorry, much appreciated.

6. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    -No Game Center multiplayer
    -Tons of IAP and ads
    -slow updates like other EA games

= franchise ruined.

7. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    I did read through the thread up to the current page of comments, which is why I remember the article.

Here's the URL:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/hands-on-with-real-racing-3s-freemium-future

It states that repairing an engine can take up to 3 hours. Which is what I based my analysis on.

Like any analysis, more data helps with the accuracy of the report, and what data we have is admittedly bare-bones. It's okay to take it with a grain of salt, it indicates healthy thinking IMHO :)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well... I'll just wing it and take the plunge on the 28th. If the pricing model sucks so much ass, the it'll be a franchise ruined for me. But until then, my excitement kinda died a little, so i wont be too excited when i get to play it.

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    #1229 Pony, Feb 13, 2013
    Please delete.

10. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    #1230 RebornProphet, Feb 13, 2013
    The only idiot here is you, because you still believe the video I was talking about was from an early Mac/PC build when it wasn't. And I wasn't taking about Sanuku or any interior view. I clearly said the game looks massively toned down from the footage in the early teaser video, the same one in the background in the video I linked you to where Rob says its the iPad 3 running. Whereas you kept on stumbling in here like a Tourette's victim with, "Mac and PC build"! "Mac and PC build"!

Do keep up and stop twisting the original point when you've been caught out taking shit. I never mentioned Sanuku. I never mentioned the interior view. I simply said the game, in the videos posted yesterday, looks nowhere near as good as the teaser video. The same teaser video which Firemonkey's own man in their own interview says was iPad 3 footage, running "in real time on the A5X". Idiot.

11. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #1231 sicksilvo, Feb 13, 2013
    I got 2 sites claiming it launches tonight, and one is pretty credible.

"Today, CNET Australia went hands on with Real Racing 3 before tonight's launch on the iPhone and iPad." - CNET

"Real Racing 3, the biggest and (for lack of a better word) most console-like racing game for mobile devices launches on the App Store at midnight tonight." - pc.mmgn

???
    -----------
    NVM it's Australia only..

"Now, it's hitting at midnight in Australia and New Zealand, with the rest of the world having to wait for this groundbreaking Australian creation until 28th February."

12. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    its Feb 28th

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Cnet says tonight. OMG if this is right I am gonna pop a gasket!!!!! I know most think its gonna suck and good luck to them, but I will be on this like something that's on something really fast!

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #1236 Rip73, Feb 13, 2013
    It'll hit Australia, New Zealand , Russia and South Africa on the 14th. (That's 14th local time so at normal New Zealand release schedule, roughly 3-4 hours time)
    A four market mass beta to test out the servers.
    Still the 28th for the rest of the world.

I'm sure some one will have the release thread up in 4 hours or so.

Edit. Here's a link from cnet Australia just to confirm the reliability if the info.
    http://m.cnet.com.au/real-racing-3-available-tonight-for-ipad-and-iphone-339343305.htm?redir=1

Edit. The country list has been changed. It's now New Zealand, Australia and Canada.
    South Africa and Russia removed. Canada added.

16. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #1237 sicksilvo, Feb 13, 2013
    Rip is right, time to make some free Itunes acc i guess :)

17. Beta for NZ?

Alright, if I have enough room, I'll bite the bullet for you guys

18. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Finally some posts that make actual sense.
    I fully concur with the both of you, gentlemen. Thank you.

Yes, it most certainly does.
    I find your optimistic approach in this thread very welcome and refreshing, sir.

19. KennyK

KennyK Well-Known Member

Finally, something that comes out first here in our part of the world!

:{D