Penultimate (a note taking app) -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by pluto6, Jan 31, 2013.

1. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

This has been consistently one of the top note taking apps available. Definitely worth picking up if you are a student, or anyone that thinks they might want to take notes on an iPad. None of the note taking apps are perfect, and they all have strengths and weaknesses, but this one is a keeper.

2. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I agree. I bought this app for school back when it first came out, and it was my favorite of them all, until others came out and offered other things. It's all personal preference, but I think I'll download this again and give it another try!

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've used this app on a friend's iPad and think I prefer Noteshelf overall, but I'll put this one on the purchased list anyway 'cause it's still a damn good app.

4. Happy W

Happy W Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    What is it about Noteshelf that you prefer, MidianGTX?

Also: is there a stylus that you particularly like?

(If anyone else has a stylus recommendation, fire away. New iPad Mini owner here.)

5. Happy W

Happy W Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Ooh, lots to read there. Cheers, Connector, those threads seem like a good place to start.

6. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I have used Penultimate as well, though I tend to use UPAD the most. I also have Bookshelf, and do like that quite a bit, but the layout of UPAD just seems to work better for me (for example, rotating from portrait to landscape while in a document feels more natural, and the zoomed-in text writing area seems more intuitive to me). UPAD is also on sale for the first time, I believe.

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Best stylus - Wacom Bamboo

Best Note App - Note Taker HD

Best integration with PDF iAnnotate PDF, or Goodreader.

Still, none perfect and they all have pluses and minuses. From a school perspective where stuff is expensive, theses apps are a couple dollars. You can buy a slew of the for less than 1 textbook, and your likely to get more out of he app.