Aralon or Order and Chaos?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jumpman475, May 3, 2011.

?

Aralon or Order&Chaos?

1. Aralon

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Order & Chaos

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Hey guys Im trying to decide which game to buy.(Aralon or Order&Chaos) It seems to me that both have large play worlds. For those of you that have played them which one has more replay value? And how is quest variety? I am not really a fan of "Go talk to personA" quests. Also how do graphics look on the iphone 4?

Thanks for any advice. Also you can post any extra-cool features that they have.

2. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    O&C, definitely.

+ Plays like Aralon, but has deeper skill trees, is more polished, has a far bigger game world, nearly no load times, full gameloft dev team working on it. Better replay value and depth by virtue of being a mmo.

- Need wifi to play (which drains batteries faster), doesn't have a big, overarching story (though there are quest chains which have different stories), requires a subscription. Also, no mounts.

Graphics look around equal.

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Both, just both.

4. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Both

Get Ordae & Chaos for when you want to play with friends or where there is Wi-Fi

And play Aralorn when there isnt.

They are bothe great games.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Two of the best RPGs on the iOS. I loved Aralon, and CM is probably my favorite indie dev, but O&C first man. You're not going to be able to stop dropping hour after hour into it. It's that good. Get Aralon when you have the money for it.

6. Deltacows1

Deltacows1 Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Order and Chaos.

The fact that it's a 3D MMORPG should've grabbed your attention immediately.

7. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    You should delete all the games you have...pick up Aralon and O&C...u will play forever!

8. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Hard for any RPG to compete with O&C. I'm really surprised that with such a huge game world, I haven't found a single bug. Aralon was definitely not that way at first. But thats the difference between Gameloft and Indie Devs. I did love Aralon and I do like Crescent Moon, Gears is excellent.

Man it feels like Aralon came out forever ago, but it was just in December. Five months is a long time in the AppStore.

O&C definitely has a lot of, go talk to this person, go kill X number of these things, etc... quests but it is still tons of fun. The only complaint I have is that sometimes you have a quest to kill one guy, and like 15 other people are trying to kill the same dude. The guy only spawns every so often so it can be really frustrating. I've heard people wait 20 minutes or longer on a quest. I usually get bored before that and come back later. Or you can team up with a couple other players and you get credit if one of them kills the guy. This was really bad at first when everyone was starting out, now players are more spread out and I know how to avoid those situations better.

9. lurtz6

lurtz6 Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Slave to the public education system
    Right behind you, with the machete raised
    Would you rather have World of Warcraft, or Final Fantasy XIII?

10. Amyseri

Amyseri Active Member

Apr 12, 2011
    lol good suggestion.

11. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Thank you everybody for your prompt responses. Looks like O&C is dominating the poll and the responses are overwhelmingly in favor of O&C so I am going to take the plunge into subscription based gaming. Lets hope this doesnt end up sapping up all of my time...and money. Lol. Thanks again for the advice, I really appreciate it. Go Toucharcade! Woot

Oh and my in-game name will probably be jumpman475. I dont know if there is any sort of friend system.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You get the first three months free.
    It will suck up all your time.
    It won't take your money unless you buy virtual money...which is probably the stupidest thing I can think of doing.
    The buddy system and guild system work great.
    Your welcome.
    Go TA xD.

13. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I've had to swallow my completionist attitude and just skip those kinds of quests... like the "save the sailor" quest. It just not possible with that many people trying to get it at the same time.

14. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    The first three months free thing is awesome. I saw that on the appstore page. But after that you have to renew the subscription right? I think the renewals were pretty cheap tho. If you dont renew right away will you still keep your player and just not be able to play until you renew? It would be dumb if they deleted your character after being offline a while.

15. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    lolwut

16. purpleline

purpleline Member

Apr 23, 2011
    First try Order and Chaos, it's an instant buy.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    You actually get to keep playing once the subscription is over. It's just that you'll be restricted to certain parts of the world until you subscribe again. They're not going to delete your account.

18. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Oh I am really glad to hear that. I thought you would not be able to play at all once the subscription ran out. Thank you for that bit of info. I need to clear some space now for this. For some reason I have 129 apps, 120 of which I don't even play. lol. All right well see you one the other side.

- Oh and what server should I join? (I'd prefer one not infested with Korean chatters. Not that they are bad, i just can't understand korean)

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Rofl, everyone turns off global chat anyways. The people I talk to are people from the TA guild, people off my buddy list, and people I just finished dueling. Join Arcadian Forest if you want to be in the most active/popular server. It might be hard finishing quests sometimes though since there's so many people on. Most of TA is there though. Tear Coast would be your second best option in my opinion. It's the second most popular server, and there's a good amount of TA guys around. Feel free to add me on your buddy list if you join the Arcadian Forest server. I'll send you an invite if you're interested to the main TA guild. The expanded file size for the game is 638MB by the way.

20. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    All right I will join the Arcadian server. I'll have 1.5 gigs remaining lol. Do you know if you can make like two characters on two different servers (one on each server)?

-my name will be jumpman475. Ill add you (is your ingame name backtothis?)

Thanks