Sortee, A Puzzle Game That Will Change How You Think About Junk

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FlowStudioGames, Jan 29, 2013.

1. FlowStudioGames

FlowStudioGames Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Independent developer Flow Studio is announcing that Sortee, an casual game for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, is coming to the App Store this Thursday Jan 31. A fast-paced puzzle game with a deceptively simple premise, Sortee tests playersÂ’ perceptions of the junk that clutters up our lives.

We have 5 promocodes you can use for downloading the game AHEAD of its official launch:
    WREFJ7RNKX9T
    96H76AEX9P7L
    W6J74TNJ99X3
    K96P4AFLAMPE
    PJJ6K73XWFJ9

We would be very glad if you will write us a review in the App Store.

2. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Took PJJ6K73XWFJ9
    I ll leave impressions i soon i can test it. Looks good from the trailer!
    Wish you good sales guys :)

3. FlowStudioGames

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Thanks ironsam80! I am really looking forward to you impressions. If you need to discuss something just send me a private message or leave a comment here.

4. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    WREFJ7RNKX9T taken...

thanks a lot!

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Game Impressions

My early impressions are quite positive. This is a challenging game requiring real concentration to succeed. It reminds me a bit of the excellent Match Panic, but takes the concept much further. There seems to be a nice variety in the objects and types of classifications. i like when things ratchet up beyond just 2 classifications in a single level.

I did find the objects requiring 2 fingers to be a bit confusing at first: cactus, in the cases I have come across so far on an indoors vs. outdoors level . Is the idea that cactus could be a good fit in both environments?

The presentation of the game is really excellent and the game icon is perfect! I think the developers may have a winner here.

By the way, this game runs full screen on the iPad, so it must be Universal. That would have been helpful to include on the thread title.

6. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    I totally agree...

7. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    All codes gone..

8. FlowStudioGames

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Hi slewis7, thanks for a GREAT feedback. Cactus is like bomb so don't touch it and use two fingers to destroy it. We will repeat the tutorial because I already have similar feedback from two other players who didn't get what to do so we have to improve this.

9. FlowStudioGames

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    New promo codes

We have new version approved tonight so I can offer you some more codes:

TPM4FEK3LP67
    EFEL496PY437
    39WPEYXNHPTK
    PNHXFPPJJHXL
    LYWYWFR9FHPL

Enjoy the game and write us your feedback, please!

10. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks, I picked up TPM4FEK3LP67...

11. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    This game is so creative,just put different color stuff into two crash boxes
    Awesome.Easy to play hard to master:)

12. secondtime

secondtime Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Thanks for the code, I've been enjoying this - a rather quick reaction game to bin items by category (indoor/outdoor; color; shape; etc). The graphics really are nice, and there was obviously a lot of work that went into the user interface as it's quite polished.

The cactus was an unusual add requiring two fingers to get rid of it. I happened to be playing with a stylus (had it in my hand from doing something else) so it was a bit awkward ;-). Pretty neat twist, though, and I like it.

I also like the 3-category sessions, and the occasional time when two objects come out that need to both be sorted. More quick reaction thinking needed.

I'm not sure I'd ever use the IAP, but you earn coins with each play so not sure it'll really be needed. I do also like that the there are two game modes Classic & Fast, with the Fast one being over when you mess up, providing a quick fun game. There is another mode called "Yours" where it seems you can design your own rounds - sort of. They will pick the best for future publication in that mode. Nice idea and it'll be interesting to see how that pans out.

I'll also send a comment via PM.

Thanks again.