Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Avantyr

Avantyr Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Is it possible to dye clothing?, if so how do you do it? Ive made some paint but Im not sure how to use on something other than floors and walls.
    Thanks

2. Sleepy83

Sleepy83 Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Earth
    That's something I highly desire as well!

I don't post really, just lurk, but I wanted to let the Dev know that I'm really loving the game play mechanics and the 2D world. The 3D world of Minecraft didn't bother me, it was the 1st person perspective and even tho you could switch to 3rd person, it just didn't play and control well imho; it didn't hold my interest for more than a day where as I can see myself playing this one for a long time to come. Great Job!

The Double time has helped initially, but I as well, hope the Dev offers another IAP to either remove the timer altogether or at least make a "10X faster" timer to further speed things along.

3. NekroWolfen

NekroWolfen Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    #283 NekroWolfen, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    "Forced" is a complex word when it comes to games, if you feel forced to do it you simply didn't like the game. IAPs in this game are a way of saying "you tried it, you like it?, you can buy if you want to". I've spend $3.98 and NOTHING more, I've been playing this game for over 30 hours now, still not bored, see how diferent my point of view is? lol. There's nothing wrong with you not liking the game, everyone has their favorites, and you will be respected for not liking it. ;)

That would use a lot of memory than this game already use, I can't even imagine the amount of people with older devices reporting crashes after multitasking.

However I'm with you, I'm okay with reducing the speed a lot more for those who bought the "time iAP". Maybe reducing it to almost nothing will satisfy most people and even attract more to buy the IAP.

4. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Does anyone know how to craft pigment?

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Seems like some of the crafting benches really dont have a lot of choices (ie woodwork with crates and benches etc)

The ones dont apparently have an ability to upgrade, at any point can I create better storage than baskets, or bigger chests to hold more items? Where / what can I do with gems?

6. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    No better storage than baskets, no bigger chests. If you want to be sneaky, you can carry a chest with you and put it down when you want to take something out or put something in. Apparently that works.

Gems are used for upgrading your portal and creating "special" pickaxes that give 2-6x what you normally get from mining. This all costs time crystals in addition to gems.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Ahhhhh, same story here. That's why I like it :) And I think the half-timer IAP is useful for us. I haven't had the need of buying crystals in the end. You find enough (100) to grab a second blockhead, which helps speed up things a lot (multi-tasking blockheads ;))

8. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #288 Xexist, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    Those gem axes are amazing. Unfortunately they (at least the sapphire one I made) are really delicate, so dont waste time on metals (other than maybe gold) stick to time crystals and they add up very quickly!

I am finally up to about the steel age, all my mining has been based out of one tiny little outpost. I seen neith pole yet, so I can only assume there is a tony of other time crystals and gems out there (I have never encountered a diamond yet)

having tons of fun, havent spent a cent!

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Question: Are the increased quality items (Im refering to axes, but the question is probably applicable to all other tools) more durable, or just faster? IE If I want to just get a crapload of the cheapest axe, will they last for less amount of uses, or will it last the same amount of uses, just take more time?

10. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #290 Flunkie, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    It's actually bull**** that this isn't the case. Every other freemium game that has the "pay or wait" hook lets the timer run in the background. Blockheads forces you to watch the timers. Fix this devs. I like your game. Don't give me a reason to hate it.

11. staffordling

staffordling Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    This is a great game I love it! Better than minecraft!!

12. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Finally found my first Diamond. NOT an easy find let me tell you. Also those caves are flippin HUGE. Ive spend about 4 hours exploring caverns and setting lanterns everywhere and I feel like ive barely scratched the surface. Havent seen either pole yet lol.

13. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Very useful advice!
    Beware, because it seems the gem axes do have a very short span of life.
    I sent my little guy on rampage caving while doing sthg else. His amethyst axe died very rapidly :( To use on very rare blocks mining only!

Great game, I bought the halving time and the small crystal package to get the second Blockhead faster, it's a game changer!

I'm new to the Minecraft/Sims type, and while the game is well conceived, the beginner's help could be expanded. It took me a few hours to understand I could make a roof with these dirt blocks (or any blocks) lol :D

And I'm loving the exploration, it reminds me of an early Civ game :)

14. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Cheaper axes and tools take longer to mine and don't last as long. Having said that, I find stone pickaxes to be a good choice. Pickaxes cost 5 ingots of bronze/iron, and that's just not feasible considering how many I need and how much mining I do. Stone tools are fine for me (except for weapons).

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #295 Xexist, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
    bronze has been my pickaxe of choice, but I might switch over to stone, given the ease of getting materials.

*Update*
    It is very much worth upgrading to the gold pickaxe. You get all kinds of goodies from using it. Pretty frequently too.

16. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    About the timers, they make really sense when you got more than one dude.
    Because then you can queue up tasks for one guy, and switch to the other to do sthg else.
    It wouldn't work with more than one Blockhead whitout timers, because then you'll always have one idle dude!
    And I don't buy IAP usually, but here the half timer permanent item looked to me like the paid version of the game vs a free demo I enjoyed.

I've built a base near the portal. I sent one of my BH for a trip around the world, but first I made him a few chests with a level one of all the benches, and a little bit of evthg plus empty chests for the goodies he'll bring back. The trick to put chests in your basket is very useful indeed :)

17. alyssacroacia

alyssacroacia Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Personal Assistant
    USA

I saw an ad for this awesome game while playing Pocket Planes. I immediately downloaded it (instead of playing PP) and loved it RIGHT AWAY!!! [​IMG]

My little brother used to be a fan of Minecraft and play it all the time; I never got it. At all. [​IMG]

But then The Blockheads came out and....I'M HOOKED! I'M ABSOLUTELY HOOKED! I LOVE THE BLOCKHEADS!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

THIS. GAME. ROCKS!!!!!

give it a try NOW!

18. Kozio235

Kozio235 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2012
    This game is great! Add me - Kozio235

19. mondoz

mondoz Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    Now in game ads for other games?
    This is what I hate about Freemium games with no option to become a 'paid' app.
    It makes me rather play games I paid full price for that have no extra purchases or ads...

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Made it to the center of the earth. I feel pretty much like Im running out of things to do in this game, but still have seen neither pole. Going to just start exploring soon.