Underworlds Chapter 2 Movie + Shots

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OneEye, Sep 7, 2009.

1. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    #1 OneEye, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2009
    Here is a dev movie, highlighting some of the interface and control changes that are coming with Underworlds Chapter 2.

[hqyoutube]ZKRTJe_om7I[/hqyoutube]

Here are a few Chapter 2 screenies as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I think I will delete my save and start again when this comes out. I am completely lost in it after not playing it for ages and have no idea where to go.

3. Extol

Extol Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Same here.. umm u know what i am going to go ahead and start over right now..time to DL it once more

4. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    You dont have to delete your save. Just start a new game with the same character. Though, you will have to play through it all again.

5. FinalGamerAC

FinalGamerAC Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Ohio
    New interface looks so much more clean and responsive. I am totally down with that man. Looking forward to chapter 2, the only thing I wish that would have been added was a ranged attack but oh well the new feats look awesome.

6. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    This looks great! I have been hanging on to Underworlds for the longest time, waiting for the update (not much into re-playing, so wanted it to be as good as possible from the start) - now I'll be finally able to dive in and enjoy this gem as it deserves! Thank you, devs!.

7. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    There are several creatures that will range attack you now - we are looking to add an archer and mage class for future chapters.

8. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    It looks like we are submitting today (doing final playthroughs now), so cross your fingers that it will be approved soon.

9. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    #9 MrSpud, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
    Awesome! I'm very impressed that they would go that far to just update their game, very happy! I know the update is coming soon, as it been submitted?

Once again thanks for making this great game, and making it so much bigger/better. You got my respect and from the community as well.

"Oups!, the last post got posted while I was typing this, thanks for answering my question!"

10. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I am totally down with that man.

Looking forward to chapter 2....................lol

11. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Everything is great except for two things:

What happened to the level up screen with the portraits?
    The pause button is to close to the control joystick - might get some accidental pauses when moving Southwest. Usually iDracula/ Gameloft styled control wheels are placed in the exact corners.

Then again testing might say otherwise.

12. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Gameloft Game: Modern Combat Sandstorm.

[​IMG]

Exact corners? There's buttons below them ;)

13. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I had the same concern when I saw the new layout, but I have yet to accidentally hit pause while moving...I even tried deliberately running my thumb over the pause while my character was moving and nope...no accidental pause occurred.

14. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Oh my bad, I was thinking of Assassin's Creed and iDracula

See here, the wheels are in the exact corner. You won't press any other button accidentally, and your thumb will be better oriented as your finger can tell when you've slipped too far to the edge off the touchscreen.

Then again Underworlds isn't a constant barrage of enemies, so it might not matter. :)

15. Trotgar

Trotgar Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    The new interface looks almost too cool. I really don't like the look of the current d-pad, but that new looks awesome.

16. Burnone

Burnone Active Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Developer @ Pixel Mine Games
    Austin, TX
    You wont accidently hit the pause button moving the joystick around because it keeps track of your touches seperatly.

So the pause button press would have to be deliberate and independent of the thumbstick.

17. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I will get this when the update hits and it's still 99 cents.

18. OneEye

OneEye Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I doubt if we will put it back to .99 for awhile. We had the game on sale for quite some time.

19. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Very impressed by the way you've taken in feedback and applied to the game. Looks great -- can't wait to update it and start playing this again from the start (I too got lost on the previous version).

One question -- is there any way to change your portrait once the character is in play? I think many of us ended up being surprised by the portrait we got after the last big update and would like the ability to make different choice without starting over again...

20. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    #20 Seishu, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
    Woohoo! I cannot wait for the new update to be approved and ready to download, this is absolutely one of my favorite hack n' slash rpgs in the app store. (Though Dungeon Hunter might be close to taking the spot with 3 available classes.)