Looking for beta tester for upcoming Iphone game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by X-Tense, Nov 12, 2009.

1. X-Tense

X-Tense Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Hello there.

My name is Nuno Barreiros, the artist from Melodica and other upcoming games. I'm working on a new game for iphone, it is quite deep in the development already, meaning it's playable. I'm looking for a beta tester for this game, but not just any beta tester, I'm looking for that game lover, that has good ideas to add, that's trustworthy and that wants to be part of something really special :) .

The game is really innovative (which is kinda rare this days in the appstore, with thousands of flight controls and "analog on screen" games) and is being developed with the awesome Unity engine.

I won't post video or screenshots just yet because it's all a big secret. But I would like to hear from you, why do you think you should be my beta tester! Give me a reason to choose you over the rest!

Thank you very much :)

2. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I should be a tester because im good at it. Ive tested over 15 games over the last 3 months. I have a keen eye for bugs and glitches. I always report them in a timely manner. I also attempt to recreate others bugs and glitches to see if it is affecting other betas. I am also a good gamer and tester because i have quite a bit of time to devote per week (20-24 hours of testing per week:eek:). I also usually comment on the games "fun level" and offer ideas to make the game better. Overall i really just enjoy making good games even better so you developers can get your moneys worth.
    :D

3. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    #3 B34$T, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
    I love your passion for this game. As a suggestion I would try looking through the beta tester group for experienced testers. I'm not sure if I can meet all of your qualifications (I would try very hard though ;)) but just out of curiosity, what genre is this?

4. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Hi! I think I would be a good beta tester because I can test your app just about anytime! I am not well known because I am always turned down for an app :( . I can come up with some good ideas for any game!

5. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    I'd love to be a beta tester. I have participated in many discussions involving tips to games. I am even on the promocode for life program from ICS mobile, after a tip I suggested was incorporated into the game! Right now I am beta testing teh internets and am always on the lookout for my beta testing oppurtunities.

6. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Welcome to TA! It's always refreshing and encouraging when a dev takes the time to seek help; why not, because it's free!

I would be glad to help, but I would want to know more about the game and genre before committing to it. I've beta tested several games and apps in the past, as well as introducing new games to the marketplace, so I do have experience beta testing.

You should probably consider PMing people interview questions if you are not going to disclose the nature of your game publicly ;)

You do mention you're looking for "a" beta tester. Our opinions are free; is there any reason why you wouldn't want several opinions?

Thanks for joining, and regardless of your choice, good luck with sales!!

7. X-Tense

X-Tense Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Well, first and foremost thanks for the fast responses. Other than those who posted here , some of you contacted me via PM and I want all of you to know I've been reading all your posts. Regarding the game genre, it's hard to define it... it's a game with some different controls and mechanics, mostly based on the "fun" factor, it's a game based on highscores, like iDracula and minigore but TOTALLY different genre, no shooting envolved or anything like that. I am trying to keep my stuff a secret as the appstore is a jungle right now, anything you say is read by millions and remade by thousands... so I'll keep it to myself for now.

I agree with Wegmans though... maybe it would be nice to have more than one beta tester. I'll be in touch with some of you soon.

Thanks again.
    P.S - If any other beta testers want to candidate, I'm still here checking so feel free to post.

8. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

I should be a beta tester because I have burning passion for games!

9. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    I want to be a beta tester because I am one of the biggest fans of gaming in history and I love Melodica :D
    Also I think I'd be good at reviewing/giving suggestions because I already done that and I love to write long texts and such.
    Thanks for your time :p

10. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    I want to betatest because I played some of Unity games and I liked them very much!

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Last time I tested a game it turned out awesome. Can you give some info on what kind of game this is so I have an idea if I want to test or not?