Toki Tori vs Ice Age (best of puzzle platformers).

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by arta, Nov 18, 2009.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009

Which do you like more?

2. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Toki Tori for the GBC

3. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I absolutely loved Toki Tori. That being said, Ice Age is by far one of the best purchases I've made in the app store and without a doubt trumps TT

4. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Hmmmm, interesting. I'm a big Toki Tori fan, but I didn't even know about this other Ice Age game. I probably saw it mentioned somewhere and didn't even register, thinking it was just another crappy app desperately trying to market some other product.
    Anyway, I see that this game is also developed by Two Tribes, the makers of Toki Tori, so excuse my ignorance on the matter, not having played the Ice Age game, but is this game not something like simply like a re-hash of Toki Tori, with a new "skin" and a new title, simply for Fox's marketing of the Ice Age brand?
    Or are they different enough to warrant purchasing of both titles?

5. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    You know, I love Toki Tori so I bought Ice Age last night. They are pretty similar, and I still like Toki Tori better, but they are both fun.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I have both, and, so far, I prefer Ice Age. Toki Tori got a bit repetitive for me; Ice Age seems to me to have a stronger forward progression. The puzzles in Ice Age are a bit simpler, but in a good way. In any event, both are impressive achievements.

7. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

They're essentially the same thing... just a different skin o_O