Universal Bike Baron - (by Mountain Sheep & Qwiboo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TimoVihola, Oct 19, 2011.

1. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Ah, I've seen that youtube video of people using a shortcut to do it within 2 minutes. That's like so unfair! My own time is 22:46, maybe they can increase the 3 star timing to 30:00 =P

I also would like to know where the skeleton gebettos are, I carefully went through all the easy and medium tracks once more and still can't find any! Any hints would be nice.

2. frexx

frexx Member

Oct 19, 2010
    It's not possible to clear the barrels, but if you literally go straight up, past a sign saying 'dead end', there's about 100 rockets...

3. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #1403 TicTac, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    Holy smokes! Oh my god! I spent quite a bit of time getting 3 stars and now I've just discovered this.... finished in just 28 seconds. Wow.

Is this some kind of bug? I haven't 3-starred Dragon's teeth and Motherland but Joker Baron IV is unlocked?

[​IMG]

4. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I lost a golden gebetto today. I had 5/6 yesterday but when I woke up today it said 4/6! It was the motherland gebetto that was missing, I had to go get it again.

5. offworldgames

offworldgames Well-Known Member

6. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think if you unlock it in any mode, it unlocks in all modes. Or maybe just if you unlock in normal mode.

BTW, what level number is "Crazy Rockets"?

7. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    #1407 TicTac, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    I haven't unlocked it in any mode. I haven't 3 starred Dragon's Teeth and Motherland yet even in Extra Checkpoints mode, but somehow I manage to unlock JB4.

Crazy Rockets is one of the bonus levels in the Santa pack, the last level of hard mode.

EDIT: It's twice now my Motherland Gebetto disappeared! Please fix this!

8. tetru2

tetru2 Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Back to 1st possition in leaderboards!! Thanks for the tip in crazy rockets!!

9. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
  10. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011
    What leader board are you leading?

11. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011

I have the same issues with trying to get an answer about fixing uP a level that had a shortcut that is now gone but the times still remain unfair. Medium level 7 death hills. It is impossible to get within 20 seconds of the times some people have.

But like you I am not getting any response. That level would be an easy one to introduce again. It's a shame that they don't seem to realize that we are paying customers of their product and It is up to them to listen and work with us to sort out issues.

12. Jouni

Jouni Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Mountain Sheep
    Finland
    We're listening and doing our best to resolve such issues, even if we don't always comment because we've got so many things going on at once. We do appreciate the feedback and keeping the leaderboards as fair as we can remains a priority. Ideally we'd have kept a separate leaderboard for each track but that's outside the scope of Apple's GC limitations so we ended up with a bit of compromise there.

I don't have a plan of action to announce either, just wanted to let you know you're not being ignored. :)

13. konstantin_ilin

konstantin_ilin Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    BB, you have been knowing this problem (Motherland) since long ago and haven't taken even a single attempt to resolve this issue. How can you explain that?

14. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    I have trimmed my motherland timing to 11:16. It's mainly the first 1/3 section of the track that gives me a lot of problems. I have a lot of trouble controlling the bike after getting the rocket boosters, it just goes way too fast for me. The other troublesome part is where there's an series of small elevated curved ground, explosive barrel, small elevated curved ground, explosive barrel. Takes up to 5 minutes to complete up to this section if I'm lucky.

Basically left with one more star from that + Dragon's teeth. I have absolutely no clue about how to conquer the teeth. Watched the video, still can't complete. This has been a problem since I bought this game from day 1 :(

15. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    I have a 6:40 on Motherland, and I am not trying that level again. I think 6:00 min will require a near flawless run (perhaps a few crashes allowed), but every section relies on some amount of luck to get through without a crash. Considering how long the track is it is a real pain. Of course If I spend 2 or maybe 4 concerted hours on the level I will get that last star in the medium level campaign. But no more pain.

Also, I understand the competition on leaderboards, but people should really go easy on the devs here. I am sure they have had a lot of fun with the game to have reached at no. 10 or 25 on leaderboards. I know I have.

16. konstantin_ilin

konstantin_ilin Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I'm 4th on Leaderboard with Motherland 4.54 (could do it better but waiting for BB to fix it somehow). So it is real to be in top 5 with bad time on Motherland.

17. frexx

frexx Member

Oct 19, 2010
    I've finally done dragons teeth on no checkpoints! I'm happily never going to have to attempt that level again.

As the circuit, motherland and JB4 are impossible with no checkpoints, the only level I've left to complete on extreme now is 'way of the sun'.The level annoys me as its pretty long and all pretty straight forward until a rare snag in the wheelie tunnel or a bad take off on that triple jump over barrels near the end. Any tips?

18. TicTac

TicTac Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Can you share some tips on how to complete the teeth part?

19. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    You've got three stars on all levels except four in extreme mode? Thats absolutely crazy! Must've taken you ages to do that.

Btw, why is Motherland not doable without checkpoints?

20. Jack23

Jack23 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2011

Yea I picked up on that when he said it wasn't possible. It is possible but I certainly don't have the patience to try and finish it. I think there should be 2 checkpoints in the level motherland in the 'no checkpoints mode'( would need to be renamed maybe). This would make it still a massive challenge for anyone to finish. Even just 1 checkpoint before the two tunnels you need to wheelie through. They can be very unpredictable.