Universal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Gta San Andreas HD is out on Xbox 360! It runs at 720p 30fps. While the iPhone 6 plus runs this game at 1080p 30fps. Guess the IPhone is getting better?

2. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    No I don't think you can.

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Do You know if only for Xbox or also for PS3? I check on PSN..

4. ChiroVette

ChiroVette Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Hey I love every port of this game as well as the enhanced graphics on the Windows App version of SA. But I am having a huge problem controlling the bicycle since forward motion is no longer tapping X (PS3 controller) or A (360 PC controller). Took me a ridiculously long time to complete BMX Challenge over in the Los Santos skate park, and cycling is no fun because of accelerating and forward motion being the analog stick.

Any way to assign different controls to bicycles?

5. Marley

Marley Member

Dec 29, 2014
    So why hasn't this game been updated yet to support metal? I'm sure view distance & antialiasing would benefit . Also who else would like to see multiplayer ? Local or otherwise.

6. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'm currently stuck at the mission where you sneak in Area 69. I was hell bent on finishing this game but at this point I need an MFi controller for better control and aiming and War Drum Studios needs to actually put in checkpoints where they belong, as the first few missions had checkpoints and then they became letting you restart the entire mission but not at any mid point in its entirety.

It feels lazy on their part and it ruins the entire mobile experience still having to restart missions when it was supposedly changed.

I'm considering actually quitting in this game, a major shame.

7. Anonomation

It keeps crashing on the mission Up, Up, and Away. This is so frustrating. I've tried resets and everything.

8. Anonomation

I finally finished this...

*sheds one tear*

Darn fire truck. I
    Had to restart 3 times because vehicles were morphing through it and colliding into me. I finally did it on the 4th try. This was such an experience...

9. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Have you guys known that there are 30+ INTERIORS where you can start shootouts and combat?

Have you guys known that you can get at least 3 wanted stars then hop on the train in green goo or that mini train in san fierro and just blast helicopters on the moving train?

Definitely the best tps on ios.

10. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Yeah it's awesome, I never understood the control complaints and it's always been pretty stable on my iPod 5 and now runs phenomenally my 6+

11. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've actually never bothered with GTA on iOS oy on PC and consoles as I figured the controls would be awkward on iOS. But been thinking about giving it a go, is this the most recent GTA still?

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep, though Chinatown Wars was made universal and got an awesome modern update.

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I did notice that, I do actually like its graphic style too as it reminds me of the old GTA on the PC back in the 90s I think it early 2000?

How are these games with touch controls though? I often find fps games harder on iOS than on PC and with everything you do in these games.

14. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1194 oldsnake, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Both GTA 3,VICE CITY,SAN ANDREAS are games that suit better with a controller,if you have a MFI Controller,they're all 3 Compatible with,but to be honest,you have tons of option for virtual Buttoms,you can move them as you like,you can resize them,different Scheme,the problem I find it's in the most hardest Mission,especially in GTA SAN ANDREAS,since I like complete 100% the Game,and sometime I was mad about some optional mission,like Flying School,need lot of patience to get past some of them.

15. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Yep. Controls are fine once you get used to them, too

16. Anonomation

This is on sale

17. dabbed

dabbed Active Member

May 18, 2015
    Olympia
    Ughhhh driving school was the bane of my existence for like 2 days straight

18. neonbible

neonbible Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Stopped playing these on iOS as its too difficult with virtual buttons. May pick up a MFI at some point

19. Mamaw

Mamaw New Member

Jul 16, 2015
    We need this to be compatible with the new  TV !

20. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1200 oldsnake, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    GTA San Andreas on Retail PS3 Version For The First Time,Coming out 1 December.With 720p HD,Better Lightning,and Draw Distance,With Trophy.But This it's Not a Remastered Version,like Happen on Xbox 360 I Think it's an Enhanced version of the iOS Version.I Want a Remastered HD PS3 Version,but it's mine.