Spider, Plushed, or Bounce On?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by abruce42, Dec 20, 2009.

1. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    #1 abruce42, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
    Hey, I know there are a lot of these type of threads but I was kind of hoping to make a purchase tonight.

Anyway, Bounce On just went on sale tonight for 1.99 and I've heard its a great platformer. I've tried the lite and thought it was pretty cool, but I have preferred Soosiz so far.

On the topic of Spider, I've heard it is a beautifully done game. I know its cool, but what exactly do you do? From what I've heard it does not sound exactly like a platformer, but more like a Arachnadoodle-type game.

On to Plushed. It looked really cool, and I'd like to buy it as sort of a thank you to the developers of the appvent calendar. My one serious concern about the game is this: it has 9 levels. Unless these levels are reaaallly long, then that does not seem like enough gameplay for me. I'd expect to get around 1-2 hours of gameplay out of this.
    EDIT: I also think they may have a sale or giveaway for Plushed on the appvent calendar on the 23rd or 24th.
    Just a thought.

Thank you for any advice, and I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

2. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    spider hands down! it's actually nothing like arachanadoodle... i dont know why people make that connection... maybe just cuz they both have spiders?:confused::confused:

anyway, is spider, you move around the level and swipe the screen to shoot a web. make a web complete by making a closed shape and all the bugs that fly into it you can eat... once you have eaten enough bugs, you can advance into the next level, however, you only have a certain amount of string per level...

the levels are very graphically amazing, all like 38 of them! the controls are spot on and there are about 20 secret areas to find which will help you solve the mystery of the abandoned home.... it's really a one of a kind game... one of my top 5 ever :)

3. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I like Plushed. Its pretty fun, always makes me hungry though :p

4. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Bounce On hands down. I played Plushed today (three levels) and it's OK, but it's slow. Spider is a great game for sure, but Bounce On is my favorite game on the iPhone.

To me it's really between spider and Bounce On.

5. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    spider.

to compare it to arachnadoodle, a pick up and play game is TOTALLY wrong, its a full story mode adventure with beautiful graphics and brilliant gameplay mechanics.

its a one of a kind on the platform.

you MUST get it. :D

6. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Spider definitely. And they have just released Hornet Smash for free so you'll get the feel of how cool Spider is.

7. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    spider or plushed.

at this point you will most probably get more playtime out of spider, but plushed is fun too.

i had bounce on for months now and it never felt like a game to come back to for me. that is not to say it was bad or anything, just never really held my interest...

8. bweb

bweb Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Michigan
    Bounce on. Tons of content, cool 2D graphics, and mario-like landscapes. It's also not going to get any cheaper than 1.99, so now may be the time to get it.

9. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Bounce On. With 5 worlds, (AKA tons and tons of levels) you'll get the most play time out of it. It's also really fun, with the different environments, power-ups, etc. Most similar to Mario out of the bunch. Really polished, boss levels, and most importantly, Plus+ with leaderboards and achievements!

I think that Plus+ would sell it to me alone. $1.99 is an amazing deal for a game that lasted me over 5 hours. Plus+ adds to replayability.

10. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Bounce on. Lots of levels, fun, Plus+, and can be pretty challenging.

11. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Seriously, I love all three and if you can only get one at a time, do so. Just save up and make sure to purchase in the future. They are all so different, fun, unique, beautiful and more than worth the cheap app store prices!

12. abruce42

abruce42 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Thank you for all of the advice.
    I have started to play my Bounce On lite again, and it still does not seem too fun. I know it has a ton of content but that is all worthless if I don't enjoy the gameplay. So this is off the list.
    I downloaded the Spider:Hornet Smash last night and it is awesome. I love the art style and physics to it. I will definitely buy Spider if not now than sometime. I'm also waiting until after the appvent calendar is done, because this game being by an indie developer has a chance of being on there.
    I'm still not sure about Plushed because no one has adressed my question: Is 9 levels really enough? There is also a chance that this could be on the appvent calendar so I think Ill wait it out. Unless it is in a 1.99 introductory sale?

But thank you to all of you, you have made my final decision A LOT easier.

13. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009

The devs of Spider mentioned on the TA tread that it won't be on this Appvent calendar, and probably not on any future calendar either. Spider should be well worth the $2.99, especially if you dig Hornet Smash, since the former has two arcade-style modes in addition to the two adventure modes (Adventure and Precision).

14. Coral

Coral Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Spider is a great game. I have played through it four times, not to mention the arcade modes. You’re definitely going to want to check out the thread because there are secret rooms and the story can be subtle but complex.
    I have Bounce On and I haven't come back to it after in a loooong time. It was fun for awhile but lost its charm for me.

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i dunno...
    plushed or bounce on would be my choice

16. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Plushed! :)
    All three games are nice.
    But I'm totally in love with Plushed.

17. appdawg

appdawg Member

Dec 19, 2009
    South Pole
    I have to say Spider! It is a one of a kind game and the graphics are incredible. Both are great but when it comes down to it Spider takes it for me!:)

18. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    There's even more to it than only these secret areas. The levels tell a totally mysterious story just by showing pictures to you. Many people miss the entire STORY aspect of the game (I missed it at first, too :D). You need to look at every level totally carefully... there may be some information about the story in the TigerStyle Forums...

Spider, definitely...