Hi I need help with a beta.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Joyomi, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Can some one help me with this? Well I got this beta and I don't know how to upload it to my iPod. I've downloaded the files but it just confuses me. And Ive beta tested 2 games before but it was with testflight so it was simple. Help please if anyone knows.

2. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Simply move those files to itunes (drag and drop will work) and sync the device. Make sure the new app is selected to be installed on your ipod (in case you have disabled syncing all new apps)

3. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    I just tried this and it's not working for some reason. It says the app was not installed on the iPod because of an unknown error (0xE800801c). Wow this is hard and confusing.

4. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    have you installed the beta test profiles?

5. Lazer

Lazer Well-Known Member

May 14, 2011
    I just spent a ton of time working out a ton of errors with builds. I got a similar error when I was trying to sync a build that was done with a beta version of Xcode. I would contact the developer and see if anyone else has encountered that error, and if the build was made with Xcode 4.3.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Well at least the tester-developer communication in this beta is going strong...

7. Joyomi

Joyomi Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Beta test profiles? K I think the developers should all use test flight it's simple and downloads straight on your iPod.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah that dragging and dropping is confusing as hell. Good luck!