The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I don't have a PS3 so I can't go straight to it that way. Seeing how people on that platform can successfully pick up the game I thought it would be possible. What does the game include for PS3 users that allow them to come up to speed with the story. If it's just a videoclip I could easily watch that on YouTube.

What Midian said about it dragging on is what I'm worried about. I can't stand games like that (In fact I never finished the original Halo because of one level that dragged on so much).

2. CaptainAwesome

CaptainAwesome Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Student
    The Island of Berk
    The PS3 version includes some kind of interactive comic, I think, where you make the choices that you would have made in the first game.

I enjoyed the first one, probably because it was the first story since KOTOR (imagine that, also made by BioWare :p) that I really actually got into. I do agree that it had a few bugs, and the length of it can be daunting, but I don't think for a minute it was a waste of my time.

3. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I do recommend playing Mass Effect 1. 2 fixes pretty much all the problems that it had, but it's still a phenomenal experience. Combat is subpar, and there's tons of graphical issues, but you'll adore the experience. And if you really want to get into the Mass Effect series, you HAVE to play it. A "virtual" comic isn't as effective, and you'll miss the character development and many, many other details about the game world.

Anyway, you are in for a ride. Mass Effect is the best modern series in gaming.

4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I had to stop playing ME 1 because of how boring it was and how it just dragged on with the piss-poor combat. I still got ME 2 and stopped playing because I got stuck at a point and just gave up. I guess the series just isnt for me.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah the 360 version doesn't have the comic which is why I suggested YouTube videos. There's a lot of focus on the story, and I'm not too big on the story in games, it's all about the actual gaming for me which is why ME2 rules and ME1 not so much. 2 got that perfect blend while 1 constantly left me wandering around waiting for something to happen. If you don't think you can experience a story by reading you've obviously never read a book, you wouldn't be missing that much by going straight to the second game.

6. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I'm playing Bayonetta right now and, holy crap is this game good. I feel as if my face is going to melt by all the things that are going on on the screen, it's ridiculous. Not only the game has some astounding art direction, but the combat is pretty excellent.

Loving this.

7. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Getting Bulletstorm. It says all preorders for 360 will be Epic editions, is that true if I preorder tomorrow(Monday), the day before it comes out?

8. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Just got my copy of MW2 working! It has a bit of a crack in it though so it only works sometimes :(. Is anyone looking forward to Gears 3? I know I am!

9. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Played Bulletstorm for a bit at a friend's house and damn... the characters can't go one sentence without mentioning 'd*ck' :p I probably won't be getting it soon, don't see much replay value in beating the Echo levels over and over again.

10. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I hate how everyone says that ME is 'the best modern series evar'. I have no problem with people liking the game, but that is a huge claim that ME simply doesn't match up with.
    Played about half of ME 2 and yeah it's pretty good, much better than the sack of turd that ME 1 was, but it's not exactly awesome.

Just not my thing I guess, but by the same token, I was never really into Star Trek or Star Wars or any such thing.

11. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

What would you consider the best series then?? There arent that many really.

12. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I tried the demo of Bulletstorm and that was enough for me. The game is repetitive and juvenile.

Really, though, I think I'm a casual-ish gamer at heart. I tried the Dragon Age II demo and that was enough for me too. The main thing I don't like about many of these modern games is how they have a bazillion controls, lots of characters, etc. It's just not worth the bother to me. I get bored with it before the demo is over. I have a great time with a game like Trials HD and have played that to death. While it's blisteringly difficult (in the harder levels), it's a pretty simple game from a control standpoint. The complexity comes in the skill involved and the level designs. That's more my cup of tea.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've heard that phrase thrown at everything from Pac-man to Doom to Mortal Kombat.

14. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    I've heard that this Battlefield 3 trailer will destroy any COD game to come, just look at the ACTUAL IN-GAME FOOTAGE, great graphics and their engine is amazing!

Oh, yah and there's this... MW3 countdown

15. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    The MW3 countdown has been shot down as a hoax by Activision. Battlefield 3 will be amazing though ;)

16. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Yah, just read that, not that I cared, but Activision could be lying and announce MW3 at GDC lol. Battlefield 3 will be awesome though.

17. Omega-F

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Started for the second time Alan Wake yesterday and finished it today. Absolutely incredible game. I really, really hope there's a sequel already in the making, because if there's a game that deserves one, is this. I'm gonna play the extra DLC now.

18. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    The Dead Space : Severed DLC should be up today, looks quite promising for only 7 bucks or something near that.

19. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    As Masmo reminded me, go get Pac Man CE DX right now! It is on sale for 400 points. Its the most fun I've ever had playing Pac Man. Bonus points if you use an arcade stick, it is really a lot of fun.

20. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Two DLC has great combat and action part, must buy!!

I bought 360 because of Alan Wake (and Microsoft cancel the PC version at last:eek:).

Silent Hill later will has a new series, it has the same mood like Alan Wake from screenshots. I am waiting this game.