* Cannon Land * Action-physics game (trailer inside!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gammabeam, Mar 21, 2011.

1. gammabeam

gammabeam Well-Known Member

#1 gammabeam, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    Hello Touch Arcade users!

We just released a teaser trailer for Cannon Land, a game of physics and precise timing for cannon-shooting.

Calm down, calm down, it is nothing like Angry Birds!!! :D
    More like a cross between Hook Champ and Peggle, I guess...

Here's the teaser:

...and you can read more about the game here:
    www.currantcat.com/cannonland

Cannon Land is developed by Currant Cat. It is the company's first project, but everybody in the team (me + 3 other dudes) have previous experience in game design and development, and we've been working together for 3 years now.

So have a look, tell me what you think!
    Oh, and follow the Facebook page if you feel like it - it will be our main page for content updates!

I'll also be posting more arts and screenshots for the game here, regularly.
    Feel free to comment, ask or demand anything! We are very excited about this project, and hope you guys share the same feeling! ;)

UPDATE: Screenshots!
    Here's some screenshots of the current build (we are working on implement the other scenarios into the game).

[​IMG]
    The "world selection" screen...

[​IMG]
    ...and the rest of the scenarios!

[​IMG]
    A safe shot!

[​IMG]
    Bumpy area!

[​IMG]
    Beware of spiky mines!

2. gammabeam

Hi!

I just uploaded some screenshots to enhance the topic! What do you guys think?!

3. vshade

vshade New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    The guy programming this game is awesome! :cool:

It is a great fun to make this game work, I hope you play it when it is done.

4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not sure why this hasn't gotten more attention. A few people will probably cry "Land-a Panda!" which wasn't exactly original anyway, but the gameplay in this seems considerably different with the obstacle/scenery interaction. A bit Pachinko-esque. Looks like something I'd buy :)

5. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    I am SO on board for this!

8D

6. The art looks fantastic and the gameplay seems pretty good as well. Will check it out for sure :).

7. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  8. sixthturn

sixthturn Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Oh I cannot ope this video!!The connection is ...damn...Can anyone tell me how to accelerate it? This game looks cute and funny....But cannot watch the whole video.:eek::confused::confused:

9. gammabeam

#9 gammabeam, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    *EDIT* (forum topics were merged) :)

@sitxthturn: You can access the youtube link in the video and watch it in a lower resolution at their page! Hope you like it!

10. gammabeam

Thanks for the comments, guys!

As for the inevitable comparison with the "Land-a-Panda", well... we were a bit sad that it was released before us. We had the trailer ready to submit and spread the word, but decided to hold it for a week just to avoid immediate comparisons.

In the end, I think the games are quite different from each other: Cannon Land is less puzzle, and more like a balance between the cannon mechanics from DKC and a Pachinko (think Peggle). The levels will also be larger, with checkpoints - resembling Hook Champ's type of levels. :D

We are a small team, working mostly on our free time, and I believe we are doing an outstanding job. Cannon Land game will be fun, cute and challenging - exactly as we first envisioned it! :p

11. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    This game looks really good. I can't wait for play this.

12. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

This game blew me away! Get it?
    Seriously, the game looks great, I like the art work!I i will definitely buy this!Good luck!

13. gammabeam

Thanks! It's nice to know people enjoy it!

The estimate release date is mid-july! We had some serious slowdowns (working on your part-time can be a drag...) but we'll be making a push this month to finish it. The main problem is the level design, which is kinda complicated but I wanted to keep the high quality. :cool:

14. ErnestoH

ErnestoH Member

Jun 21, 2011
    iPhone indie game developer
    Redmond, WA
    I'm really digging the art.

Don't sweat the comparison too much, it just seems to be what people do. As soon as a game becomes popular people start considering any game that resembles it at all as a clone....

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yea it's more like Land a Panda! Seems fun tho :)

16. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Even with Land-a-Panda on the store, any game like this will always remind me of DKC, and that's a great thing :D Looking forward to this.

17. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Looks great :D, nice graphics and new genre :D looks confusing with only 2 shooting buttons, but no swiping to move cannon?