Gaming with Speakers or Headsets

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MrStayPuft, Jun 12, 2010.

1. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    hey guys new here and looking for help

Am I the only one that thinks the iphone speaker placement is horribly wrong? I find myself muffling the speakers while holding the iphone in landscape mode gaming. I almost always use headphones now for gaming but I notice the headset jack placement is also a problem. the default landscape mode for games seems to be with the speaker jack at the bottom left which gets in the way of holding the iphone while connected. some games seem to allow the landscape mode to be flipped the other way with the speaker jack at the top right which works good and doesn't get in the way. COD zombies allows this, but my other game Nitro kart 2 does not.

is there any way to force landscape mode the other way so the speaker jack is top right and out of the way?

2. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    No,your not alone.Sometimes I need to switch to the other side to hear something.

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I always thought the default landscape position brings the headphone port to the upper right
    and I never found myself muffling the speaker at all when not using headphones..

4. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    yup I rather play with headphones on too and it totally gets in the way but I just hold my iphone with some sort of alien grip.

5. jow80

jow80 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    under some guy's deck
    Thats why they need to make headphones that use bluetooth, so it is all wireless, and we can game in peace!

6. MrStayPuft

MrStayPuft Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Drywall & Drywall Taping
    Toronto
    you might be right. I recently got the iphone so I don't have many games. COD Zombies default lanscape has headphone jack bottom left and only after the intro will it allow you to flip it over to top right.

Nitro Kart 2 landscape mode has headphone jack bottom left and does not allow you to flip it over at all.

N.Y. Zombies has both landscape modes

both landscape modes should be standard so the headphone jack is out of the way. I can't believe a new game like Nitro Kart 2 didn't think of this.