Universal Astro Attack - Retro Arcade Shooting mashed with everything Video Game.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mr_Snuffle, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Mr_Snuffle, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Do you love classic arcade shooters? Then you'll love Astro Attack!

Astro Attack is a modern take on the classic arcade shooters. Pew pew your way through waves of invading aliens, and unlock crazy ships inspired by everything video game.

Astro Attack will be available free on the AppStore on the 14th April!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Features:
    * Lots of video game themed ships to pilot
    * Retro shooty space action!
    * Chain powerups to become an unstoppable machine of invader destruction
    * Simple one touch controls that even your Grandma could use
    * Win new ships inside boxes of delicious sugar coated Astro Puffs!
    * Show your Grandma who’s boss with Leaderboard support
    * Complete missions to earn even more coins!
    * Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!

Oh, and delicious Astro Puffs! Free toys await!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit 30/09/2015 - Changed name from Shooty Space to Astro Attack
    Edit 27/02/2015 - Epic content update!
    Edit 07/04/2015 - Release Date Announcement

2. Update!

I've been working hard on Shooty Space, and I thought I'd share one of the ships I added last night. If you're curious what the early stages of the game looked like, I've added "Proto Shooty", which recreates the art I used in the very first prototype.

[hqyoutube]TGCaWbR0SEs[/hqyoutube]​

3. This game looks super fun! I just signed up for beta testing!! Can't wait to play :)

4. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Looks interesting! I applied for beta tester too!

5. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I applied as well. This game looks right up my alley!

Billy

7. Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the offer to help me out. I've just pushed out the new iOS version. Unfortunately no Android update just yet.

You'll notice the name has been changed in the latest build to 'Astro Attack'

I'm very keen to know what everyone thinks :D

8. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Ok,

I've been playing it. If you could t tell from my blown up Twitter feed. Lol. I do have a question with the random ship pulls. I've gotten the same sloth ship 4 times in a row. Has anyone else experienced this? I've been playing like crazy but I've only unlocked two different ships. The retro and the sloth.

Other than this I love the game. I love the old school gameplay. Really fun!

Billy

9. Hey Billy!

It's all together possible you've just been very unlucky. Don't worry though, I do keep track of how many times you've missed out, and eventually make sure you get something new. There aren't that many ships at the moment, which also would be making it even more likely to get a double up. I'm planning to have about 40 ships at release, so there should be plenty of new ships to get :)

If you keep getting the same ship, let me know, because then it might very well be a bug!

James

10. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

I absolutely loved the game! The crossy road like business model is very nice and I can tell that everything I see is 2.5 d (the wakka ship tilts when I strafe) :) keep up the good work! I hope for the best:)

11. Thanks :) I really like the Crossy Road model too. It's F2P, but not a jerk about it. I should have an update out next week, so feel free to send me any feedback too!

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh wow, I didn't realize this was from the guys that made Tail Drift!

Glad to see you again Mr. Snuffle

13. Hey :) Good to see you again too! This is just a solo project I've been working on in my spare time.

I really should contact a mod and get the title changed from Shooty Space to Astro Attack - any suggestions on who to contact about that? I'm not sure who the mods are here.

14. Loving this game! It's heaps of fun. Really loving the cereal box awards :)

15. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    #15 hvianna, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
    Played today's update and the game feels much more dynamic and fun with the increased firing rate. And the new death screenshots look real cool now! Coin drop rate improved a lot too, with the motherships dropping them.

Still, I would like my play sessions to last a little bit longer, so about the 2 hit points for the invaders, I would suggest starting with a couple of easy waves with only 1-hit enemies and then progressively increase their strength (first type A invader requires 2 hits, then after a couple of waves does type B, until eventually all of them become 2-hit enemies). Add some bigger explosions and we'll have some fast and frantic shooting satisfaction! :D

Edit: forgot to mention that I love the new big bad invaders! I hope you have plans for more types of enemies too!

16. Hey! Thanks for that feedback, I really appreciate it. I've had some pretty mixed views on the two hit enemies, I knew it would be a big change ;) I'm thinking at the moment is modify them so you start with one hit enemies, then eventually start rolling in shielded enemies, pretty much exactly as you suggested!

And more explosions are always great :D

17. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    When will this be released? I'd love to play it. Space invaders was one of my favorites on the old Atari 2600.... now I feel old. #

18. I've been thinking about an Atari 2600 theme ;) That was my first console!

I'm targeting a November release (this is a mostly one man project, so free time is hard to find!), but if you want to play early, you can join the beta here: http://bit.ly/shootyspacebeta

Also, I need to get the name of this thread changed, does anyone know who I should contact about that?

19. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Awesome, thanks. I've sent my email and can't wait to get started.

As for who to contact, I honestly don't know. Have you tried PMing anyone? I would suggest Eli Hodapp. I think he's the editor and he has his hands in a lot of different things on the site. I'm sure he could at the very least direct you to the right place if he's not the one to do it.

20. Done! I added you to Test Flight :D