Tiger Woods 2012

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by shank33, Mar 3, 2011.

1. shank33

shank33 Member

Oct 16, 2009
    My apologies if there's a post about this already.

Tiger Woods 2012 is coming out in a few weeks-and it appears you can play Augusta National. Has there been any word on whether this is coming out on the iPhone or more importantly on the iPad?

2. micgao

micgao Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Is it gonna be a golf game or...?

3. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    ...or a golf game?? :rolleyes:

4. micgao

micgao Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    My moneys on its a golf game

5. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    my moneys on a cheat simulation. most of it will involve sleeping with various ugly women. final stage involves a footrace to the truck and a crash....

6. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Dude, that's frikkin' hilarious! Made me laugh!! +1

7. dizzydank

dizzydank Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Assitant Managing Editor - Games, AppTudes; TV/Mov
    portland, ME
    i was beyond disappointed with the first tiger woods PGA game on the iOS. With EA's track record (save for NBA Jamz) their sports games have NOT been developed well at all.

Don't have high hopes for this, but fingers crossed I'm wrong...

8. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

Tiger Woods PGA Tour ’12 features the typical career mode, as well as a new “Tiger Challenge” with 20 mini-games. A Facebook challenge mode called “Closest to the Pin” is also included and lets you compete with your Facebook friends. One feature that didn’t make the port from the console version is Augusta and The Masters, which is included for the first time on the console side only and won’t be on the mobile version. And speakign of the Masters, the game is expected to launch during the last week of March just before the Masters.

9. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Funny but I found Tiger Woods to be the only EA sports game I really thought was well made and really playable so far (not including NBA Jam). FIFA was outclassed by PES, Madden wasn't that fun to play.

10. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Tiger challenge being how many women can u sleep with before ur wife finds out haha

11. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Those jokes became old a year ago.

I'm looking forward to this game, especially having the Masters in Tiger Woods for the very first time

12. radchad1

radchad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Accountant
    Lake Zurich, Illinois
    That engine they are using looks to be a really big improvement over the last games engine. Plus considering that iPhone games don't look that good in pictures it might be really good when it's running in motion.

13. shank33

shank33 Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Awesome Epox. The original is still the best golf game out there. And this looks to be a huge improvement. Looking forward to it.

Although it looks like since I want to play Augusta I'll have to buy the console edition, too.

14. Nightstalker

Nightstalker Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Why so curious?
    +1. The graphics do look significantly better. Tiger Woods now actually looks like him!

Thanks for the screenshot and news about the game, Epox. I was searching everywhere for news on this and I am so happy to find EA will be releasing this year's version in the App store. First day purchase for me. :)

15. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Will there be a mini game involving playing as his ex wife? I have always wanted to play the south park version of Tiger Woods.

16. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

I just hope its more difficult. The first was really good with a good career mode and gameplay especially for EAs first sport game on ios and a fairly early game in general. But it wasnt that difficult at all which was a pity. Although with all the other games having difficulty settings now Id say this will too.

Also the graphics are looking sweet.

17. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I'd love to see them add asynchronous multiplayer turns, but I know that's a delusional hope.

Any kind of online multiplayer would rock.

18. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I must say, that water looks very refreshing! I just hope they put animation into it, and have real-time reflections.

19. unbrokenchain33

unbrokenchain33 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    so I'm going to assume this game will be coming out next Thursday on March 31st. Can't wait.