Does finalark post here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by smegly, Oct 4, 2012.

1. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    'Cause that would make for an interesting conversation.

#1 scorer in every game we have in common and clearly a hacker.

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I reported him to Apple for cheating SEVERAL times but so far got nothing

3. CosmoMan

CosmoMan Active Member

Nov 25, 2008
    I have reported "finalark" many times to many people at Apple who are involved with Game Center, but nobody seems to care that he's hacked Game Center and can post whatever scores he wants for any game.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Still personally surprised how serious people take Game Centre. I dont normally use it but if i do its quite fun seeing how i'm doing amongst friends.

But i dont care for anyone else. I work for a living so theres no way i'm going to beat the score of some 14 year old kid in Idaho who plays the game non-stop, doesnt work, doesnt have a baby to look after or a wife !

If anything then there should be a scoreboard for people who work and those who dont !

Just thought Game Centre was a bit of fun, would rather Apple concentrated on something else than some idiot hackers who seem to get a kick out of getting fake high scores. Always happened throughout the years, people cheat and get high scores etc

5. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I still think there is a sense of fun competing against complete strangers. I understand a majority of people don't care about high scores, but I never would have met qpawn if it wasn't for my obsessive desire to beat his high scores in Hook Champ. :)

These days I pretty much don't do any competing, and what little I do is against GC friends.

It would be nice if Apple would step up and do something, or at least allow developers the ability to more easily remove obvious hackers. Of course something like that could be abused by developers, but it would be nice to, as a dev, to ban someone like finalark (by GC ID) from our game. By limiting high scores, we have been able to remove his name from Mikey Shorts a few times.