Mutant Bash TV vs. Infinity Blade

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Nov 9, 2010.

?

Which 1 R U more excited 4?

1. Mutant Bash Tv

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. Infinity Blade

54 vote(s)
    84.4%
  1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    A few weeks ago I made a thread asking people whether they were looking foward to N.O.V.A. 2 more or Aralon more. Believe it or not, it was split down the middle.

So TA Nation, which game are you looking more foward to, Mutant Bash Tv or Infinity Blade?

2. Andylasian

Andylasian Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    High School
    California
    I didn't like the DOOM series and Mutant Bash TV supposedly plays a lot like that so I would say Infinity Blade.

3. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Well they're both on-rails which sucks, but at least infinity blade has a bit of freedom (rails that fork off in different directions), plus it has nicer graphics and RPG elements, so I'm definitely looking forward to it more.

4. VisceriousZERO

VisceriousZERO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I don't mind both. i'm still getting both on day one xD

5. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    i will get both BUT since mutant is on rails i will prefer infinity blade if it wasnt on rails mutant defently first

6. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Interested in getting both. More so in Mutant Bash TV since its on rails and I already loved id's other on rails shooter in the appstore. The fact that it will cost 2 bucks for ipad version will also make sure that I get it as as soon as it hits the AppStore.

Infinity blade, we dont even know the price point yet and though everything about it still sounds interesting enough, I'll be waiting for impressions, reviews before shelling out for it.

7. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    When has it been said that Infinity Blade is on-rails?

8. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

Mutant Bash TV Vs. Infinity Blade

Interseting topic lol i like infinity blade

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    what the heck does on rails mean?

10. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    it means you don't control player movement, only aiming and shooting.

basically the character walks automatically and stops every once in a while to let you shoot some bad guys.

Personally i'm more excited for infinity blade simply because it isn't on rails. the tech demo was very impressive and the battles look fun. also infinity blade looks more fleshed out in terms of gameplay whereas mutant bash looks like it's just a "beat your high score" game

11. JJdaboss

JJdaboss Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    You make on rails games sound so boring

12. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    #12 tsharpfilm, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    From what I've read, Infinity Blade isn't on-rails at all. You point to move, but you're free to do some exploring. Your movements aren't locked down on a track.

In response to the OP, I plan on getting both, but I'm much more excited about Infinity Blade.

13. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Mutant Bash TV based solely on the fact it's only going to be 99¢*and supports 2nd gen iPod Touch's (like mine)

14. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'll get both, but with GameCenter multiplayer as a planned update, I'm more excited about Infinity Blade. It'll be like Fruit Ninja...with armor!

15. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
  16. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

I will get both and likely enjoy both too. I really liked Doom Res, and with MBTV being so cheap for the HD version, its a no brainer. Infinity Blade looks great and the multiplayer game center update should be amazing. Overall, I think its even for me.

Have you ever played a lightgun game like Time Crisis or House of the Dead? That's basically what you get in Doom Res, just with tilt aiming rather than a lightgun. And that works brilliantly.

17. John Bigmack

John Bigmack Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Mutant Bash TV.

18. Lonan

Lonan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Both look great. I voted Infinity blade, but I have a feeling Mutant Bash TV is going to be all kinds of addictive.

19. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Which is what I said. It's essentially "on rails", but those rails can fork off in different directions. Like Myst.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Cause it usually is?