I am getting reports of crashes on iOS devices 4.3.3 and below, can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by frankthechicken, Dec 4, 2011.

1. frankthechicken

frankthechicken Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    I'm the developer of Explodables, and I'm experiencing reports of crashing for iOS 4.3.3 and below.

Is there anyone who frequents these forums who has one of these devices that would be willing to test and send a crash report back to me so that I can try and figure out what is going on?

I can send promo codes out in exchange for help.

Many thanks in advance.

2. coby_pxs

coby_pxs Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Technical Director
    Missouri, USA
    I've got an iPhone 3G running 4.2.1 around. I can either test the retail version for you, or if you'd like, I can send you my UDID and you send me an Ad-Hoc version.

3. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    I can't help for the device but your problem is probably because you are using some framework not available on the older OS. You need to weak link these framework and handle the case when they are not present. Hope this help.

JC

4. frankthechicken

frankthechicken Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2011
    #4 frankthechicken, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    Ovogame, you are right, it appears that somehow a stray linked library appeared (GLKit) it must have been a late night coding session which allowed that in.

In other words, I'm an idiot.

5. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    With mistakes we learn.

You are not idiot.

6. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Defintely :)