Universal DODONPACHI MAXIMUM (by CAVE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Yeah I'm thinking about it some more and I'm pretty sure Ikaruga is going to be miserable on touch screen. The chaining scheme is very rigid you need to control your shots precisely.

Nice thing about Dodonpachi Maximum is that it was designed from ground up with auto-fire in mind. With earlier Cave titles lack of buttons could be frustrating.

In Espgaluda II:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_jPOaLGFM#t=01m13s

Those medium ships you shoot them a couple times to bust one gun then they fire a much denser bullet pattern (means big points in the slow pink mode.) Not very difficult with buttons but with iOS shot on/shot off really a pain in the neck.

Ikaruga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRVEtJ6w8og#t=2m02s

No shot button, no thanks ;)

re: Metalcasket
    I've avoided Rrootage because of the stupid icon heh. Played it a ton on mac tho'. Other ABA games like Noiz2sa and Parsec 47 are worth checking out (PC and Mac) too.

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    There IS a shoot button. But with shoot + change color + move + homing ... that's just to much to control on a touchscreen in a bullet hell shooter I think.

What I was saying is that it gets better with auto-shoot, but then the whole game gets screwed up as a result.

3. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

May 21, 2011
    Most definitely.

Some games are fun when played either for survival or for score but Ikaruga isn't one of them; what enjoyment that game has to offer is in the chaining and you'd be frustrated trying to do it with a touchscreen.

4. Yeah, that online in the title is weird, cause usually that means you have to be on the internet, but it is a great game thatI first bought for my iphone aons ago. Cool game, but with games like dodonpachi, haven't played too much of it lately.

5. lifthraser

lifthraser New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Anyone found a way to make this work on ipod touch 5th?
    Tried editing restriction of the app file so it tryed to install it but then the installation failed :(
    I'm so sad i bought an ipod 5th for gaming...

6. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I don't understand why the heck this game needs a compass? How many other games require this? And what is its use?

7. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

It doesn't really. But because Apple has not given developers any way to restrict which device a game can run on, developers commonly use things like a compass, GPS, iOS version, gyroscope, etc. to restrict hardware.

Basically, your device wouldn't be able to run it properly.

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    So your saying they don't want to sell this game on the iPod touch 5th gen? Isn't like exactly the same as the 4s...(does it run on that?)

9. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Runs great! That's a bummer to hear. I think there is a fix for this via SSH/iFile (which involves jailbreaking) or by using a program like iExplorer. I saw a post on here recently...I'll try to find it.

10. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I think because there's no way to filter out iPod touch 4 and keep iPod touch 5, they've decided to filter out both just to be safe. Pretty annoying to me, but I think a large part of the blame goes to Apple for not creating a way to distinguish between them.

I've tried editing the different files a while back and eventually got it to install on my iPod touch 5, but I couldn't get it to run. Think I mentioned it before...almost want to request a refund from Apple just to get their attention if it wasn't for the fact it runs great on my iPad...

11. Tatanak

Tatanak Active Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Try i-FunBox, DDP MAX working on my iPod touch 5 without problems.

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Can you post or PM me the exact steps you took?

I've always been using iexplorer and haven't used ifunbox before.

13. Tatanak

Tatanak Active Member

Jun 23, 2012
    #213 Tatanak, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    Here are my steps:
    - download latest version i-FunBox - 2.1 and install it (I have windows version)
    - connect iPod Touch 5 to the computer and open i-FunBox
    - open iFunbox Classic window and sellect Install App
    - find your DDP MAX.ipa file and install it
    - done

14. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks! It works.. but as an aside..it deauthorized my PC from itunes. Oh well... Thanks though..it does work though and from the one stage I tested, it runs flawless/ =D

15. Tatanak

Tatanak Active Member

Jun 23, 2012
    #215 Tatanak, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
    I had problem with iTunes too. The best way I have found is backup save file from document folder in DDP MAX.ipa to the computer, delete app, sync iPod with iTunes. After that install DDP again and copy save file back to the document folder.

16. Sups

Sups New Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Made my day Tatanak! Bought the game on iTunes then transferred over using i-funbox; worked perfectly! :)

17. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Hey guys. Found something interesting.
    While poking around game menus I went into the play data section. It contains all manner of data - playtime, a ratio of successess/tries (rather depressing in my case), and an individual stage scores. While looking through them I've noticed a level called SP ROUND.

I've done a brief investigation and found out that it's a hidden level that can be acessed by turning on the easy mode and poking a place where a stage 5E would normally be if it wasn't hidden under the shimmering red thingy.You may need to have a normal 5E stage unlocked.

18. blammo

blammo Member

Mar 9, 2012
    #218 blammo, Aug 25, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
    Can someone explain how I die in this game? It seems so random. I play ddp: mbs and if the green thing gets hit I die, but I can't figure out why / what will kill me. Sorry if I am missing something simple. New to cave shooters.

Oops. I get the death on this one, it's DDP Resurection I dont understand.

19. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    It's the same thing with all Cave games - don't let the enemy bullets hit the small glowing ball in the middle of your ship. Its the only part you should guard. The other parts of the ship are invulnerable.

20. blammo

blammo Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Thanks. I guess I didn't notice the smallish orb on the back.

Is there a difference between the pink / blue bullets?