Universal Pinball Arcade - (by FarSight)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 8, 2012.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Please stop spamming this thread with "omg whereistheupdate !!!:mad::mad::mad:" posts. Thanks.

2. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010

Your wasting your time telling children to stop spamming "wheres the update!!" posts. They have nothing else to do other than impend on a update that can come out anytime. Patience is something the new gen doesnt have

3. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Point your fingers at Apple, not the customers. They're the source of the problem.

4. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I'm pretty sure the source of the problem is the developer first releasing a broken update, and then also ignoring the developer documentation which says to implement a "restore purchases" button in the first place.

5. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Believe me when I tell you they're dying for all of us to go download the new tables. Im positive that they're doing everything to get the update out.

Just need to wait a little guys...

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    There's lots of games and apps that don't implement a Restore Purchases button, so I doubt that's the issue. Unless this was a recent policy change. Was it? And yes all apps should have a Restore Purchases button.

7. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    #507 famousringo, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    Downloading update now. Neeeeeew taaaaables!

Edit: Gah, can't buy new tables yet. Giving me some malarky about needing an internet connection. Probably just need to wait for all the servers to align with each other.

Edit edit: Fast app switching seems to be working perfectly now. I was seeing a lot of crashes if I dared to switch or lock my device before. Also, there's a new icon but it looks like a bit of a sidegrade to me.

I like edits, do you like edits?: New tables downloading now. I think my mistake earlier was in asking to restore purchases. There was no need for me to do it, and it seemed to send the app into some kind of stupid loop. Bride of Pinbot and Medieval Madness are $3 each or $5 for the set. I know what I'm doing tonight!

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    April Pack bought, downloading Medieval Madness right now...

Too bad the "Login as Guest" crap persists...

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Agreed about the 'guest' BS!
    Come and get it, guys, new tables are OUT!

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    The new tables are very nice. I especially like the Mideival table. I'm really impressed with how each table handles so differently.

11. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    #511 Benegesserit, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    Any suggestions on skill shots for Bride of Pinbot? This is the first table where the skill shot really means a lot for me as far as points so now I actually care about getting them but even with a feather touch I go from hitting the last slot (20k?) to not even making it up the ramp. Is the sensitivity on this thing insane or am I missing a trick here?

Please tell me the next two are Attack From Mars and Funhouse!

12. swarmster

swarmster Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Does "fix for iPad 3 owners" mean retina support? If not, is it planned?

13. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    looks like they have fixed the transparent plastic on Arabian Nights. Looks much better now. And yes, the new tables are awesome:)

14. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Seems like the ball bounces around a lot in the skill shot, so it's not going to respond linearly to a change in power. You've just to try to peg the right amount of power and consistently deliver that amount.

Also, I joined the billionaire club on my first game, but it didn't record the score. Is that normal? If billionaires just get disqualified, that makes it the crappiest award in pinball history. :p

15. Benegesserit

Mar 9, 2009
    #515 Benegesserit, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    Can you be a little more descriptive? It's not responding linearly but I need to peg the "right amount"? Is it really super pixel sensitive? IMO the real pinball experience does not require an extremely tight window of spring pressure to nail the skill shots (in any pinball game I've ever played) so if this is the case they really need to consider patching in how much each pixel/mm/whatever increases the velocity.

There's a ton of give left in the plunger but you can't go more than what looks like a real world inch (about a cm on an iPhone) w/o the ball going much farther than it should. Maybe's it's just easier on an iPad.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like it's sensitive to how LONG you have held the plunger (this is not a good representation of physics, btw). If you're quick about it you can control the ball better. But if you're trying to take it easy and get the right distance it's all over the place.

16. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Great!

Downloading new tables now... Gotta love ios gaming!

17. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    New tables are sweeeeeeeeet!

18. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

Updated game crashes on first generation iPad running 4.3.1 even after reinstalling and restarting twice.

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I got the update on my iPad 2, but the app icon is now blank. I tried rebooting but it didn't help that. The app seems to be working and I'm downloading Medieval, but very slowly. If I don't keep tapping the screen periodically the screen powers off and the download fails. I wish this worked smoother.

20. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Game Impressions

Screenshots of the two new tables from iPad 3rd generation. Finally they are working fine so far (were much too fast before, even the "old" tables):

Medieval Madness™

Originial size and resolution click here.

Resized:

[​IMG]

Detail, upper part (resized):

[​IMG]

The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot™

Originial size and resolution click here.

Resized:

[​IMG]