Introducing NAKAI Entertainment

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by NakaiEntertainment, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Hey All,

I just wanted to introduce ourselves and give you a feel about our newly formed company. We plan on using this forum to present some concept images and gameplay from our upcoming title release.

NAKAI Entertainment is an independent mobile game studio focused on delivering fun and exciting mobile games for players of all ages. Based out of Raleigh, North Carolina and founded by seasoned game industry veterans, our first and foremost goal is to provide mobile users with a truly immersive gaming experience filled with engaging play within wonderfully imaginative worlds.

We have already released our first mobile game, Ninja Hamster Rescue, for Android, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. This is just the first of many exciting projects that we are working on and we plan on bringing joy and sunshine to our fans by offering an array of amazing gaming experiences along with an engaging online community. With years of game development experience, the members of NAKAI Entertainment are working hard to provide amazing offerings to the mobile market.

We update our website often with our development progress, so be sure to visit our site regularly. We will also be adding some exciting new media in the near future, so stay tuned.

Find out more about all of our exciting games by visiting our Games Page.
    Learn more about our development team by visiting our Staff Page.

You can follow us on Twitter to stay current on all our developments or Like us on Facebook.

2. This is an early model of one of the key characters in our upcoming game.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DomAjean

DomAjean Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Very interesting! I wish you good luck to you and your team :)

Dominic

4. Thanks! We are making great head way on this project and we should have some really cool stuff to share really soon.

Here's a quick blurb about the game:

ACCESS POINT

Take a journey into the amazing and sometimes dangerous world of Cyberspace. With the help of S.T.A.N., your cute and clever nanobot guide, you will explore the vast network of cyberspace, solving fast paced puzzle challenges, unlocking new and more powerful programs, cleansing infected systems, and freeing trapped nanobots.

FAST AND FURIOUS PUZZLE SOLVING

Access Point has you racing against the clock, creating huge block combos, and staying one step ahead of the encroaching sphere. To the victor come the spoils. The bigger your combos and the faster you perform them, the more you are rewarded with in game credit and points to upgrade your power ups.

DEEP CUSTOMIZATION

Access Point takes action puzzle games to the next level with a completely customizable power up system. Play the game the way you want to play it! Access Point offers over 30 unique upgradeable power ups which can be purchased by using the in game credits.

FIVE MAINFRAME LEVELS

Navigate through five vast mainframes while experiencing intense visuals, thumping music, and riveting fast-paced gameplay.

RESPONSIVE AND INTUITIVE TOUCH CONTROLS

Move around Nodes, activate attack programs, and drop blocks - all with the simple button taps and swipes.

SIMPLE NAVIGATION

Easy to use controls enable players to effortlessly navigate through the network exploring Node in order to locate hidden programs and trapped nanobots.

GAME CENTER

Access Point contains a whole lot of Achievements and don’t forget about the immensely competitive Leaderboards.

5. Kyena

Kyena Active Member

Love those concepts :)

6. Grizzlage

Grizzlage Active Member

Awesome art style. Very expressive characters. Love seeing stuff like this. Good luck! :)

7. ikarslikar

ikarslikar Member

Aug 25, 2011
    nice characters. but i dont like the menu. keep up with good work.

8. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Your characters look awesome! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

9. I feel yeah on the menu, its a little busy, but its just a concept at this phase. We'll work on the look and feel once we start dropping in the UI elements. We have a big internal milestone on Nov.21st and then hopefully we can share some game screenshots and videos with ya!

10. ImStrapped

ImStrapped Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Love the art! Wish u best of luck!

11. NinjaPlanetStudios

Aug 23, 2011
    I know it's very early and not final art but I'd lighten the dark grey up a bit on the characters so you can see more detail when their parts overlap. Also in the gameplay example video, I'd try to show the characters on the screen in the corner, like a dynamic portrait that relates to how you're doing in the game. And that cool tron like background for the menu would fit well as the gameplay backdrop as well, especially with subtle animation.

12. Great suggestions! We were planning on doing something in the way of the portrait (especially for the boss battles), we are looking at having animated backgrounds for the gameplay, but we'll have to test them and make sure that they aren't too distracting. Keep the ideas coming, they are much appreciated!

13. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Just want to say that your choice of name to me is rather nice, since the character i've used over the years is called Nakiti, heh.

14. Thanks, it's actually the last name of one of our co-founders, Jay Nakai.