iPad Real Racing 2 - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Scary Guns

Scary Guns Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Lol. I'm going to ignore this one.

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Good. Now you can go back to playing arcade racers like NFS and Asphalt to get what your idea of "perfect handling" is.

3. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    You mad or something? Did you fail physics? Why would I want to leave this easy game... I'm on of the top players. Lol

4. Scary Guns

Mar 1, 2012
    Anyone else ever notice if you hit a wall you miraculously face backwards. I hope this guy's physics can explain that to me. Lol

5. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I'm done here.

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Sorry, is it just me or have a lot of the threads lately gone to complete crap?

7. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Maybe people are just getting disillusionised with the state of gaming on iOS. IAPs are a plague, and most thread these days have 80% of the discussion centred on that alone. Not the fault of the members, its just a sad thing that has happened to us.

8. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #1628 Solidfart, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    There is nothing real or perfect about bumping into a side rail at a 15 degree angle and having my car automatically spin backwards. Also during a crash, cars at times will either bounce very high in the air or plummet through the ground. Again nothing realistic about these issues either. I won't even mention the times when my car would stop in the middle of the road after an accident and five people will hit me while simultaneously passing through me unaffected. You wanna see real physics, check out Most Wanted, Reckless Racing 2, n Mini Motors (however whacky they may be.)

9. defred34

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Ok ok, collision physics aside, the cars are really sound handling wise. I mean, if you're good enough (like me), then you don't go about crashing and hitting the barriers, so I didn't know what you guys were going on about. But in terms of braking, taking corner apexes, drifting etc...this game has it nailed on. Only think I never liked is the MP (friggin loads of lags and people just come from behind and crash into you at the start, thereby spoiling your race) which is why I rate it 4.5/5.

10. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Hmmm, I still hate the handling. Yes I've never driven a super race car before n probably never will, but I refuse to believe any performance cars in real life drive like they are on ice. Sorry but I won't buy that one. Lol

Plus performance cars have ceramic breaks so you can break faster at will n get maximum available breaking power, not a punishing power slide all the time.

11. SatriaNeoCPS

SatriaNeoCPS Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Im agreed with u.
    For me the real deal is GT5 on my ps3.
    Forza 3,4 and horizon not good enough to beat gt5.
    Im not a fanboy.i owned both consoles and play both games
    Im hoping rr3 improve alot atleast same par as forza 3 or 4
    By the rr3 is a insta buy for me!

12. boli

boli Member

Jun 1, 2010
    How to get party play to work?

Hi, I have three other people here and we are all trying to play real racing 2 using airplay. First of all its very hard to get all four devices to see the hosted game (hosted from an ipad3). When we are able to start with four players, one of them always gets dropped usually before the first lap finishes.

How do you get this game to work better with Wifi, not drop connections? Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Ps terrible search algorithm on this site. Search for 'real racing 2' and then have to go through three pages of posts before getting to the one actually titled 'real racing 2'. What's up with that, oooo eee

13. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    #1633 k1lljoy_89, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    I don't feel like reading today, is there any news for real racing 3 concerning the release date?

Also is there an upcoming thread for it? Cuz I can't find it

14. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    February '13. And yes, there is an upcoming thread for it :)

15. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  16. k1lljoy_89

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Thanks and thanks. Been looking for weeks for the thread. :/

Wow

17. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Very late to the game, but I bought this a while back during a sale and after bashing my brains in with RR3 and 900+ races (which I finished maybe 1/5th of them), I figured it was time to seriously play RR2. My kids have been enjoying this one quite a bit and despite how awesome some parts of RR3 are (locations, visuals, etc)... I am enjoying not having the massive grind and the more achievable end game in site. In the limited time I've played the game, clock shows 3 hours, I've completed Club Division (100%) and the first two events of State Showdown with gold (22% complete). Overall that's 14% of the total game complete.

RR3 was so many steps forward but I'm enjoying RR2 a bit more. I look forward to playing multi-player with my kids as well as checking out the online competition when I'm closer to 100% done with the career mode.

So anyone here still playing RR2?

18. Thought this was the RR3 thread. Hehe

So you are enjoying RR2 more than RR3, that is cool.

Check RR2 out on hdmi, since this is an airplay game. RR3 is an hdmi mirrored game, so wondering if there is a big difference for you as an iphone hdmi.

For me, RR3 looks much better resolution wise than RR2 cause of the ipad retina when displayed on hdmi tv, but the fullscreen of airplay is kind of nice. How do the two games compare on hdmi tv on the iphone 4s?

19. I completed this game to 100% last year...can't remember what cars I have backed up now, should be a good car that would be really great online

20. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Haven't had a chance to try it on HDMI or Airplay yet. I'm just focusing on playing it as a handheld game on my iphone. Plus since my save is backed up for RR3, I opted to just outright delete it. It was getting more frustrating than fun.

How about an update on my progress?

So I played a little this weekend. I've now clocked in 10hours, most of that is racing. I've earned over $1.1M, own 13/29 cars, acquired all tracks, 50% complete with the game total.. that's 29/57 events with all 29 of them gold trophies. Rep is Pro with 70,605. 14/27 Achievements.

So that's 100% complete on Club Division, State Showdown & Grand National, and 14% Complete on Pro Circuit. I think tonight I'll aim to finish Pro Circuit 100% and save World Series for later during the week.

I have put most of my time into Career mode... but when I'm done with that I'll see about setting some high scores before moving on to Asphalt 7. Online Multiplayer is kind of bad because everyone seems to race with the best car in the game. Offline works really well when my Wifi is working. Sadly my 4S has developed the Wifi issues that are plaguing a lot of these devices. Doing the freezer trick sometimes gives me an a few minutes to several hours of the wifi working. I may end up reverting back to whatever the default iOS is for my device and see if that fixes the issue since this started shortly after 6.1.3. I need to check with Verizon to see if I have a full 2 year deal before an upgrade or I can get an upgrade sooner. I'd rather just go ahead an upgrade to a 5 in the even that getting the 4S replaced will end up extending the wait for a new phone. Though part of me doesn't want to upgrade at all because my hdmi cable and all my extra charging gables are the old style.

But yeah, RR2... loving this a lot more than RR3. The AI is solid. I don't feel it's cheap or dumb. The races are not super easy and seem completely achievable as skill on each course increases.

I'm really loving the tracks in RR2 too... but I love more city type racing. I seem to be able to memorize them a lot better. The map location being more top center is easier to see, though sometimes the sun gets in the way. Speed is easier to glance at too. Overall, I think this is a really quality game. I like how the single car races let you drive the car even if you don't own it.