Not able to sync apps

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sceneshifter, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Sceneshifter

Sceneshifter Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey all,

I am new to the whole itunes store thing, and have just bought an itunes card.

Now, I have this very annoying problem. I have downloaded all my apps via my ipod touch, but when I now want to 'sync' it to itunes on my laptop, it says it will erase all those apps and install the three lousy apps I downloaded from the itunes store via my laptop.

This is not at all cool!

Now I don't know what to do and I don't even know if I shoud buy apps via my laptop or via the ipod touch (either way, when I sync I lose apps???)

If someone knows what to do..

2. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    You can sync the apps you bought on your iPod to your laptop. Just click File--> "Transfer purchases from iPod" --> then sync your iPod and you will have all your apps on it

3. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Well, I have a tip, Do NOT buy apps over 20mb in size on your iPod Touch! No matter how strong your wi-fi connection is, it will take forever and will timeout for you.(Most of the time) So that could be a reason, other than that I don't know.

4. nuttyturnip

nuttyturnip Member

Jun 12, 2009
    If you bought the apps using the same iTunes account, it shouldn't delete anything from your iPod. When you sync it, all the apps you bought on the Touch should be transferred to your PC, and vice-versa. If they're separate iTunes accounts, then you might have a problem.

5. Sceneshifter

Sceneshifter Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Thanks guys your tips File--> "Transfer purchases from iPod" --> then sync your iPod did the job!

Few!

I also had to authorise my computer. Is it possble to authorize this laptop and for example my desktop computer? Or will that not work?

6. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Yea I think you can authorize 5 computers to the same iTunes account. Glad you got your problem fixed!