Chinatown Wars, multiplayer?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sambo110, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I know the DS version has multiplayer, so does the iPhone version?

2. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

#2 Foozelz, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
    EDIT: delete

No, the iPhone version does not have multiplayer

3. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
  4. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think he meant "...so, does the iPhone version?"

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    No, not yet. Keep in mind that the multiplayer on both the DS and PSP versions is only local, not online.

6. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I know it's local only, but I thought it would be fun to play with a friend locally. Oh well, at least it's a lot cheaper.

7. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Lol, it could be possible, but I highly doubt it

8. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I've never tried the DS or the PSP versions of the game. So what would you do in multiplayer?

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars features an online component that allows you to instant message your friends and trade information and items. You can send and receive map waypoints for hidden items and special locations to your friends, and trade weapons, money or street product to enhance each other’s single player experience.

Race
    Compete against your friend in a no-holds-barred race to the finish line on one of 20 different courses scattered around Liberty City. In the Death Race variation of this mode you earn laps by killing your opponent instead of racing, and upgrades are littered throughout the course to help you gain a competitive edge over your opponent.

Stash Dash
    Steal the van, deliver it, and stash the cash. Sounds simple — but your opponent wants the same van and the same cash. Once you’ve taken control of the target van, you need to get it back to the safe house, all the while being chased and smashed by your opponent. The more the van is damaged, the less cash you get on delivery.

Defend the Base
    Team up in one of 8 co-operative scenarios and defend your turf against waves of enemy gang members. Enemies will attack specific targets, such as vehicles, and each wave will become progressively harder to eliminate.

Gang Bang
    Challenge your opponent’s gang to a turf war. This mode has you attacking or defending gang territory, and both players have a squad of armed gang members at their service to lend a hand.

Liberty City Survivor
    Kill or be killed! Square off against an opponent in five different scenarios that have players scrambling the city to take each other out in matches that can be set from 2 to 20 kills per game.

Season Race
    A special extended tournament mode for Racing. See if you can go the distance in a series of 4 tournaments, each consisting of 5 individual races. The racer with the most points at the end of the season claims the Cup.

10. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Sounds awesome. But are these online games usually for the 3D behind-the-back view or are they for the top-down view?

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    They're for Chinatown Wars on the DS/PSP so top-down. They're not online either, only local... so I guess we'll have to wait and see if there are any plans for the iPhone version.

12. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hopefully rockstar will add multiplayer. Im willing to pay 5$ max for it via in app purchases. Also, is there car cheats?

13. ballistic

ballistic Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    multiplayer on this game, even local, would be SICK. imo.

14. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying.